So, after reading so many threads asking for advice, it is finally my turn.

My main amp is my HRD, which I keep at my house. I currently have a Vox DA5 that lives at the GF's place. I like it to some degree, but am really a tube slut at heart so now that I have a little $$ I would like to get a small tube amp to replace it. The only thing I would miss would prehaps be the battery feature of the Vox, but thats it. To me, the effects were more gimmics than anything I really used, so that will be ok.

Originally, I was drooling over the Champ 600, a back to basics thing. Then I saw the Vibro Champ XD, which I really liked cosmetically but once I found out it employs a degree of modeling it turned me off. Then, last week, I was at GC (I only go a few times a year, it is about 45 mins away) I saw the Bugera V5 for like $150 and since I have read a lot on UG and elsewhere about it I now think this might be the one.

My first problem would be what to do with the Vox. I could wait to sell it either here or on CL, but that would take time. OR, I could trade it in but would be lucky to get $40-50 for it at GC. If I took advantage of the 15% trade credit offer they have it might be worth it, but I'll have to figure this one out.

So, being as I like mostly blues, rock, and not too much heavy stuff (but sometimes do) I have a choice to make. My strat is my main guitar.

What would you do?

Thanks
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Last edited by greenwgreg at Jan 9, 2010,
I've heard from many people on here, that Bugera have very low quality control, and that they frequently break down, but apart from that it sounds like a good deal.
The champ 600 is ideal for home practicing, but you would need to get an eq pedal. The bugera may be worth it though, because after the 15% off plus you trade in it would only cost like $80 bucks.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
The Valve Junior replaced my DA 20. No contest really. Plug in a few pedals and it's all over for the Vox.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD