I'm looking to buy a fuzz. I already have the EHX Big Muff, but I need an Hendrix type of fuzz.
I love the Fuzz Face but I'm really not sure I'll like to run it on batteries.
So I'm looking for a germanium fuzz that has an AC adaptor. I can spend up to 200 $ CDN with shipping. I'd like to buy from ToneFactor since the shipping is really cheap.

What is the main difference between silicon and germanium ? I checked out the MXR classic 108 but I'm not crazy about it. I love the MJM London but again no AC
Last edited by LittleRoom at Jan 9, 2010,
Not too sure about the silicon/germanium thing, but have you looked at the Fuzz Factory pedals by Zvex?
No I have not. I'll check it out and give feedback!

Edit: It's $100 too expensive
The Retroman Lola is the best fuzz unit I've ever heard, and it gives you very vitage-like tones. They're hand built in England and as I understand, they build each one only when they're ordered, so it'll take a while to get one, but trust me, they're damn worth it.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
You know that's a positive center ac pedal, right? It can't use just a regular power cord, the cord has to have a special adaptor to make it positive center. That's what germanium fuzzes use.

What would happen if I'd use a regular power adaptor

"The pedal is wired for positive ground and therefor can not be daisy chained the recommended adapter for the germanium London would be the Boss PSA type 9 volt negative center pin."

What is that boss PSA ?
http://www.roger-mayer.co.uk/axis.htm

That is the best fuzz I've ever heard.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.