Hey guys where can i check what video card i have on my computer?
Becuse i just installed CODMW 2 and it said my video card or drivers dont support alpha blend. So I thougt that I might need to update them...
Damn, officer, you must have been going fast to keep up with me

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
canirunit.com should tell you what you need to improve to be able to play it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
canirunit.com should tell you what you need to improve to be able to play it.

It's weird, whenever I do that and I can't run it smoothly, it only tells me that I passed the minimum requirements and leaves out the "recommended" tab.

Does this happen to anyone else?
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Jazzalenko
Well, if you don't know what video card you have, and you don't know how to check it, i guessing it won't be great, so you will either have to play REALLY low spec, if at all. And it won't be much chop if the first option.

Yea this. TS, if you don't know much about PC's just get it for the Ps3 or 360. Don't waste your time.
Quote by Holy.
It's weird, whenever I do that and I can't run it smoothly, it only tells me that I passed the minimum requirements and leaves out the "recommended" tab.

canurunit is bollocks tbh. very unreliable.

OP, start then type dxdiag in the search box then hit return
open "computer" right click on a blank spot and open propreties, on the left you'll see device manager and in the device manager look what you have under display adaptors

that or dxdiag > display

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Last edited by numinis at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by Holy.

On so,e new games. but the "minimum" basically means it'll show up, and you'll hear it, it makes no gaurantees of running smoothly
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
start -> run -> dxdiag -> video tab

On a related note, this is why computer gaming is dying.
Quicker way would be to go Start > Run (or, for vista, press the windows key + R) and type "dxdiag" (no quotes), and click OK.

Look under 'display' and it'll tell you.

EDIT: ^ beaten to it.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by metaldud536
Yea this. TS, if you don't know much about PC's just get it for the Ps3 or 360. Don't waste your time.

I got an Xbox But i hate playing shooters on console. My littlebro already got the game and i i thought i should get it too... my computer is far from as good. But running on low graphics dont bother me so much.

I think i found it now.. i got

AMD Athlon (tm) 64 processor
3000+
2.0 GHz, 1,00 GB RAM
PAE (Physical Adress Extension

Think i can run it?

And what is the graphic card out of those?

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
That's your processor/RAM, not graphics card.
Have you looked under the 'display' tab when you enter dxdiag into the Run prompt?

EDIT: Based on that information alone though, it probably won't run very well at all. I'd suggest upgrading your PC if you're reluctant to use a console to play shooters. Extra RAM comes mighty cheap these days (you can get 4gb for around £30 last I checked), and a new dual core processor would do wonders.

Your graphics card remains to be seen though

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Last edited by Kilobyte at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by Kilobyte
Quicker way would be to go Start > Run (or, for vista, press the windows key + R) and type "dxdiag" (no quotes), and click OK.

Look under 'display' and it'll tell you.

EDIT: ^ beaten to it.

Thanks dude i found it i think..

GeForce FX 5900XT is that a graphic card?...

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
That's the one. And it sounds fairly old, I only started getting to grips with PC hardware around Nvidia's 7000 series, and that was two years or so ago. Read the edit in the above post, I'd say overall you're looking at an upgrade.

That's not to say it won't run. Give it a try on lowest-graphics settings and see what sort of framerate you get. If it's smooth, try upping it slowly till you're comfortable with the balance between graphic quality/framerate.

Thanks alot man

ill try it out, and if it dont run i guess i have to upgrade my hardware.

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
I imagine you'll have to get a whole new pc, seeing as that processor is fairly old as well as the graphics card. The game might run at it's lowest settings, but odds are it will still be choppy.
Games on computer are too much trouble. Get a PS3/Xbox and save yourself the effort. Plus, you get extra space that would've been used on your PC.
Okey i think i need some hel... i tried to install some drivers but they appered to be older then those i already had and now my screen is fked up.. Anyone now what to install?

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
go to systems requirements lab.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Masilla
Okey i think i need some hel... i tried to install some drivers but they appered to be older then those i already had and now my screen is fked up.. Anyone now what to install?

There should be a button to automatically update. If not go to the web site and download the latest one.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Games on computer are too much trouble. Get a PS3/Xbox and save yourself the effort. Plus, you get extra space that would've been used on your PC.

Lol, they're only trouble if you're an idiot.
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
Quote by dustyboy316
There should be a button to automatically update. If not go to the web site and download the latest one.

And where is that button?

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
Ok TS, I'm going to give you a straight simple answer here, and yes I know what I'm talking about, I'm pretty much exclusively a PC gamer :

Your computer will not run the game. Period.

The only way you could possibly run the game with that computer is by upgrading, but the necessary upgrades (basically everything) would essentially have you building a whole new computer, so either play it on console, or you'd need a whole new computer.

If by some chance you're actually able to get a new computer, drop by the computer thread, and you'll get help with finding something that will run it decently.
Why would you want to run Modern Warfare 2 on PC? There are no dedicated severs...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by dark&broken
Ok TS, I'm going to give you a straight simple answer here, and yes I know what I'm talking about, I'm pretty much exclusively a PC gamer :

Your computer will not run the game. Period.

The only way you could possibly run the game with that computer is by upgrading, but the necessary upgrades (basically everything) would essentially have you building a whole new computer, so either play it on console, or you'd need a whole new computer.

If by some chance you're actually able to get a new computer, drop by the computer thread, and you'll get help with finding something that will run it decently.

Okey okey... but now i fked up my video card(Screen) by installing those new(older) drivers. http://www.nodevice.com/driver/GeForce_FX_5900XT/get37208.html

I installed those... can i get it back as it was before somehow? or can you please link me to a newer one?

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
Quote by ChemicalFire
Why would you want to run Modern Warfare 2 on PC? There are no dedicated severs...

Becuse i hate to play shooter games on xbox/ps3.. So slow and bad controls..

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
Quote by Kilobyte
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Always go with the download from your graphics card manufacturer's official site.

Thats the site ive been on for an half an hour... but i cant find any there.Hate to steal your time and sound like a whiny noob(haha).. But... can you please give me a direct link to GeForce FX 5900XT drivers? I would really appreciate it. Thank you

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
I don't know what operating system or language you're working in, but follow that link, click the second drop down box and select the "Geforce 5 FX series" option, as that's the series yours would have come from. Then choose your operating system from the third box and language in the fourth, and it should take you to the right download.

Quote by Kilobyte
I don't know what operating system or language you're working in, but follow that link, click the second drop down box and select the "Geforce 5 FX series" option, as that's the series yours would have come from. Then choose your operating system from the third box and language in the fourth, and it should take you to the right download.

Ok thats what ive been doing but it says "Please try again at a later time. Sorry for the inconvenience." Guess ill have to do that then. Thanks for your help

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
Quote by Masilla
Thats the site ive been on for an half an hour... but i cant find any there.Hate to steal your time and sound like a whiny noob(haha).. But... can you please give me a direct link to GeForce FX 5900XT drivers? I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Are you positive the 5900 XT will work?

I know the minimum for the COD games has been the 6500. But I think the 5900 is different and doesn't go in numerical order like most NVIDIA cards.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

I did as some other dude and made an automatic update on the System Page... But when i restarted my computer it fked totally and is on 4 bit coulors and is on 640 * something and it wont change.. And when i go on Mozilla it crashes.. Writing this on my brothers comp.. Kind of wish i never bought COD haha...

-- --
( . )( . )
- ) . (-
--\ v /--
Quote by dustyboy316
Are you positive the 5900 XT will work?

I know the minimum for the COD games has been the 6500. But I think the 5900 is different and doesn't go in numerical order like most NVIDIA cards.

Have to agree, keeping your drivers updated is always a good thing, but won't necessarily mean it'll run MW2 any better. It can't hurt to try it anyway, but as has already been said, you're likely looking at an upgrade to run it well at all.

Quote by Masilla
I did as some other dude and made an automatic update on the System Page... But when i restarted my computer it fked totally and is on 4 bit coulors and is on 640 * something and it wont change.. And when i go on Mozilla it crashes.. Writing this on my brothers comp.. Kind of wish i never bought COD haha...

Funny, most people said that after taking it online.
Just get a mouse n keyboard and plug it into your 360.

Computer gaming really isn't worth the trouble, mildly better aim, and maybe better graphics if your computer is really, REALLY good.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Better controls, better online gaming (except in MW2 case), better graphics, better framerates.