Page 1 of 3
and all i have to say is....

what the F UCK is wrong with this world, seriously

to give this thread a point: What makes so many people so fanatic over (in my opinion*) the shittiest music this planet has to offer. it really just doesn't make sense.
Last edited by Themann810 at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by Themann810
and all i have to say is....

what the F UCK is wrong with this world, seriously

+1

amen to that, brother.

EDIT: since you've given the thread a point, i'll respond in a suitable manner. basically, musical complexity has gone the way of the dodo sometime in the last hundred years. once jazz and thrash blew over, names like Britney Spears and...uh...her ilk have dominated the minds of the everyday folk. tl;dr -- extremely simple is what the people want.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Last edited by AeolianWolf at Jan 9, 2010,
I'm right there with you. His voice is higher than Micheal Jackson's in the Jackson 5. it's pretty freaky
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
It's more typical bullshitted auto-tuned pop music. It happens, ignore it, get over it.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
I'm right there with you. His voice is higher than Micheal Jackson's in the Jackson 5. it's pretty freaky

It's called auto-tuning son.
i switched onto a channel playing it just to see what kind of craps being churned out these days and i really did think it was a girl until the name flashed up at the end
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Quote by Td_Nights
It's more typical bullshitted auto-tuned pop music. It happens, ignore it, get over it.

i don't think it's possible to ignore, i mean i completely avoid MTV and VH1 and disney(this kid seems like he would fit in that channel as well) so i don't need to listen to bullshit like this, but just the fact that it exists and people go crazy over it really astounds me.
Quote by d3adh3adch3mist
Music is a product. Best way to sell the product? Put it in a pretty package.

If by package you mean infant
Quote by Themann810
If by package you mean infant

He does.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Themann810
i don't think it's possible to ignore, i mean i completely avoid MTV and VH1 and disney(this kid seems like he would fit in that channel as well) so i don't need to listen to bullshit like this, but just the fact that it exists and people go crazy over it really astounds me.

I really just don't care about 'musicians' like that at all (in other words, people who use autotune). I don't view it as something that should be used in music as it's completely artificial and, well, retarded.

He's not THAT bad of a singer for his age without the autotune business, but with the way things are going that's all we're going to get anymore for pop music. Unless someone's phenomenal on a divine level naturally, any pop musician will likely fall into autotune because, get this, it sells.

Anyway, my guess is being 15 (i think) the kid's going to fall into a lot of money, fuck himself over, then be another britney spears, only with a dick.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
you only know of justin beiber now? dont you have any friends?

don't bash him guys, he's probably more successful in the music industry than anyone here is going to be. sure, he has no musical merit, but it's a freakin miracle how he got there
In the last few decades record companies started to realize that there is more money in making music for people that rarely listen to music
Ignore whatever's bothering you and it'll go away. Give it several months and all the little girls will be fussing about something else.
that justin bieber is a true musician, even ask usher
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
It's pop, and you dislike it. get over yourself.
Quote by AeolianWolf
+1

amen to that, brother.

EDIT: since you've given the thread a point, i'll respond in a suitable manner. basically, musical complexity has gone the way of the dodo sometime in the last hundred years. once jazz and thrash blew over, names like Britney Spears and...uh...her ilk have dominated the minds of the everyday folk. tl;dr -- extremely simple is what the people want.

Alot of classic rock and hair metal is simple shit, too.
Why are people beind so musically ludditic as soon as names like Bieber are brought up?
Quote by Cheesepuff
you only know of justin beiber now? dont you have any friends?

don't bash him guys, he's probably more successful in the music industry than anyone here is going to be. sure, he has no musical merit, but it's a freakin miracle how he got there

Not really.

I mean you have all the elements here;

1. Pretty face

2. Started out on Youtube

3. Pop music that's commercial friendly

4. Big-time studio boys who use him as a monetary machine

I think it's quite fitting that he's going to be famous.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
I really just don't care about 'musicians' like that at all (in other words, people who use autotune). I don't view it as something that should be used in music as it's completely artificial and, well, retarded.

as opposed to keyboards, electric guitars and effects in general.

TS, justify your tastes in music.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Who cares? I don't see how you can actually care that much about what other people listen to. I mean I used to care, but just realized that it really doesn't affect me that much. Seems kind of elitist.
Quote by smiidger
I never said it was fact based on evidence. There are other kinds of fact, such as Fact based on such a large number of opinions that it cannot possibly be conscidered false.
Where can I find this Auto Tune for myself...
An argument is more than a series of contradictions.
Quote by ctb
Ignore whatever's bothering you and it'll go away. Give it several months and all the little girls will be fussing about something else.

sad but true. the music industry seems to only care about things that'll make it a quick buck and then be over as quick as it started
i dont even think that kid is a good looking kid for a pop star either. he's just some long haired preppy kid with factory made pop songs. and that ****er got to play for the president. what is that shit
DECRESCENDO
Quote by Lemoninfluence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uXzO5eQsWk

This is the kind of music i find to be real music. Granted it was improvised, but whatever. >_<
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Can't say I've ever heard of him or his music.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
if people listen to something and it makes them happy, it doesn't matter what it sounds like. Everyone has different tastes. People who aren't musicians don't care about technicality, and they shouldn't have to.
The only pop singer in the last few years that actually has a good voice is Christina Aguilara. I'm not a fan of her music but she can actually sing very well.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by Td_Nights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uXzO5eQsWk

This is the kind of music i find to be real music. Granted it was improvised, but whatever. >_<

lol, you like buckethead but hate people who use autotune?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
You also just "discovered" that not everybody likes the same music.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Lemoninfluence

To name a few Radiohead, Ted Greene, Bonobo, Red House Painters, Miles Davis, Pinback
Quote by Lemoninfluence

To counter that point,
exactly what does a guitar improve on your natural abilities?
It doesnt improve your singing, or anything for that matter, its a skill in its own.
As well as keyboards.
As far as effects go, same thing, it doesnt improve you at all (unless your Tom Morello).
Point is, buffing the fact that you really cant sing without a machine, well, its lame.
Singing is what it is, maybe if he were being creative with auto tune (Dont know how, but thats not my problem) he would have some merit, however he doesnt,
hes just a vessel for a record company to get as much money as they can, by any means necessary.

/rant
I AGREE
Quote by Themann810
To name a few Radiohead, Ted Greene, Bonobo, Red House Painters, Miles Davis, Pinback

I said justify it, not tell me what it is.

why do you like the music that you like?

why not an artist who sounds quite similar?

why not an artist who sounds nothing like any of them?

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
lol, you like buckethead but hate people who use autotune?

Because Buckethead uses autotune all the time, yyeaahhhhh...

My point isn't that ALL music needs to be just one acoustic guitar or something to that effect, even though re-reading my previous posts makes it seem like it.

I like people who have the ability to make things simple yet interesting at the same time and don't have to 'fake it' ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME. I'm not saying I want to have all music be 'pure' and 'simple'. But I don't respect any musician personally until I'm aware that they can do that.

There's a difference in being able to do something, and choosing to.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Hobo69
To counter that point,
exactly what does a guitar improve on your natural abilities?
It doesnt improve your singing, or anything for that matter, its a skill in its own.
As well as keyboards.
As far as effects go, same thing, it doesnt improve you at all (unless your Tom Morello).
Point is, buffing the fact that you really cant sing without a machine, well, its lame.
Singing is what it is, maybe if he were being creative with auto tune (Dont know how, but thats not my problem) he would have some merit, however he doesnt,
hes just a vessel for a record company to get as much money as they can, by any means necessary.

/rant

why have delay pedals?

why not just double track the guitar part and play it on the offbeat? that's what real musicians would do.

why have distortion pedals/channels? turn the volume up so loud that it distorts.

autotune is either used to get a certain effect (sort of robotic sounding) or it's used to fix mistakes on an otherwise good take.

one is artistic expression, the other is a timesaving device to stop studio expense being too large.

Quote by Td_Nights
Because Buckethead uses autotune all the time, yyeaahhhhh...

My point isn't that ALL music needs to be just one acoustic guitar or something to that effect, even though re-reading my previous posts makes it seem like it.

I like people who have the ability to make things simple yet interesting at the same time and don't have to 'fake it' ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME. I'm not saying I want to have all music be 'pure' and 'simple'. But I don't respect any musician personally until I'm aware that they can do that.

There's a difference in being able to do something, and choosing to.

all I'm saying is that you like someone who, a lot of the time, tries to make the guitar sound as little like a guitar as possible using effects.

Quote by element4433
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by Zoot Allures
^ Something being simple wouldn't make it bad anyway, the fact that this horrendous pop is manufactured and made just to shift units is what makes it bad. It's shallow music made for making money.

Do you ever change your tune? No one gives a flying shit. Get off this musical high horse which seems to have your head bobbing around the moon somewhere.
how about this?

some people love pop music.
they sing that music because they love that music.
they're not into metal or jazz or whatever, so why sing those styles?
Page 1 of 3