i mkae bout 28 dollars every two weeks. my b-day is coming up jan 22 and ill get around 150 - 250 dollars. any ideas on wat to buy or how long to wait and save.
How much do you have right now?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Schecter Hellraiser C-7...

only $850...and completely worth it.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Look at Rondomusic.com.

You won't be able to afford any of the higher end gear but you should be able to get some quite nice on there since your budget is very low.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by metallica2296
lol i wont have that musch for a while

How long are you willing to wait for the most awesomest stuff known to mankind?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

unless you go with agile, anything decent doesn't usually start until about the $500 mark. There also may be some hidden jems in a guitar company's beginner line, but I wouldn't know of any.

I'd suggest keep the 200 or so bucks you'll make on your birthday and wait it out a couple of months till you get a reasonable budget.
the Ibanez rg3ex arent too bad for 350 but Id rather have the $400 agile which in my opinion blows away the top of the epiphones and low end gibsons (not in all cases but I'v played lots of agiles and I find there quality to be great.)
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Quote by metallica2296
i mkae bout 28 dollars every two weeks.

Do you work for Kathy Lee or Wal-Mart?
O)))))))))))))))))
Get a job, it's really the only way to make any money at all.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Jackamedmos
holy shit 3 people in this thread with names that have something to do with metallica :P

They flock together, kinda like sheep and prostitutes.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']They flock together, kinda like sheep and prostitutes.

its actually a HERD of sheep
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
Quote by Lehoogle714
its actually a HERD of sheep

It's actually a herd of cows.

EDIT: could also be A Flock of Seagulls...

*runs*
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Jan 9, 2010,
Hi,
There are so many brands that are good that your best bet is to go to your local music stores and play as many different brands as possible.
Start with the classics Les Pauls and Stratocasters, since most guitars are a variation on these two types than this will give you a good starting point for comparison. I personally like Ibanez and E.S.P. guitars but I do own several other brands and I like each of them for different things. You have been playing long enough to get a general idea of what you like so play as many as you can before you decide on the best one for you.
Good luck and have fun!
What do you want to change first your tone or the guitar? Choose and then set aside a budget. Alternatively you can just buy a Caparison Dellinger but it'll take you roughly 2 whole years of saving (without wasting any of your money on pr0nz,games,music,drugs,movies,friends,prostitutes, guitars) and then some more if they raise the price again.
Yay for having the same birthday as me.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
you`ve already got 2 electrics and a acoustic, if it was me i`d get rid of the ibanez GIO and use the proceeds from that to help you.
get a used hagstrom they are a lesser know company but they are high quality guitars I only play hagstrom after playing them. They are real cheap priced as well