Ok so I just got my new Ibanez BTB305-FM on the one year finance plan at guitarcenter and I have a few questions.

1) Will raising my action a few more millimeters screw up my neck?

2) My bass has 2 pickups, both of which are Humbucking/Passive. What exactly does that mean? Does that mean that they are humbucking AND passive or that can switch between humbucking and passive tones? It has an active preamp in the back that holds 2 9V batteries so I'm not too sure.

Can someone please help me out?
1) Shouldn't be a problem, go for it.

2) Passive means the pickups don't require a battery to produce a signal. Humbucking means there are two coils wired oppositely to eliminate hum and produce the sound. The preamp will probably be running at 18V, hence the two batteries.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
The pickups don't use batteries, the preamp does use batteries. Enjoy your bass dude

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by shavorules42
so does the preamp actually do anything since they're passive pickups?

Yes, the preamp will modify the output of the bass - cut/boost the frequencies of the preamp.

Passive/Active just refers to the way the signal is produced by the pickup, nothing more, nothing less. Both still function as a normal pickup.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
if you had active pickups and you bateries died you would lose all sound. Since you have passive pickups when your batteries die your preamp dies and you lose tone bt are stil audible.

Its like having an EQ pedal built into your bass.
no sir away a papaya war is on