Hey guys. I just recently purchased a microphone, and my friends and I have been having a lot of fun with it lately using it for karaoke and shit. To amplify it, Ive been plugging it straight into my line 6 15watt practice amp, just for fun since I dont have anything else to plug it into.

In my basement I have two speakers on the wall. They arent very big, maybe 6" in diameter? Anyways, they are connected to wires that run through the walls and come out in an ajoining room. The ends of the wires are stripped so the copper inside of them is chillin.

So what I did was took a cheap patch cable I had lying around. I cut it in half, and I tied the ground to one of the wires coming from a speaker, and the main wiring to the other wire coming from the same speaker (each speaker has two wires coming from it).

I then plugged the patch cable into my Line 6's "headphones out jack". One of the speakers is working, the other one is not. The problem is however, the speaker that is working, is incrediblyyy quiet. It is nowhere near the loudness of my Line 6, especially when its fully cranked, its barely audible. Could somebody explain why this may be?
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

clues in the name...headphone out...its for driving headphones not speakers...
check the rating on the speakers on the wall and compare them to the one in the back of the amp, if the ohms and wattage are matching or more just plug them onto the speaker terminals in the back of the amp, if they are lower dont bother or youl break the speakers on the walla and might break the amp.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Quote by Orethor
clues in the name...headphone out...its for driving headphones not speakers...

Touche, that didnt even occur to me lmao. Ill try to go directly to the speaker from the terminal in back, like the other fella said.

Edit: Yupp, I just connected the wall speaker cables to the terminals in the back. It worked like a charmm. Sounds great, thanks a lot guyss.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Last edited by Watterboy at Jan 9, 2010,