I was reading an article today and it said that the scenery (weather, location, hemisphere etc) can affects ones mood and even anxiety towards others. Whether it's good or bad it's still affective. Even trees can apparently be subconciously depressing. Apart from the obvious sun = good. rain = bad perception, do you guys reckon this is aload of rubbish, or is it actually true? Discuss.
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
True.

We associate things with emotions and when they are there, they trigger our mind to spew out those emotions.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Of course it's true..

Why do you think people look out the window and say 'what a miserable day' when it's raining.
Or 'what a nice day' when it's sunny.

Your missing the point.
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Of course it's true..

Why do you think people look out the window and say 'what a miserable day' when it's raining.
Or 'what a nice day' when it's sunny.

/thread
_Don't click the "O" in "Dough".
!DOUGH_BOY!
- Fatal consequences will ensue.
All I can tell you is that scenery changes your mood in the Sims, so I assume it is similar in real life.
Jet propulsion disengage.

Quote by Xiaoxi
^I love your username
Did they give a reason for why trees are subconciously depressing? I've always thought the opposite.
last.fm
"If I could prove by logic that you would die in five minutes, I should be sorry you were going to die, but my sorrow would be very much mitigated by pleasure in the proof."
G.H. Hardy
Oh, it makes a difference weather or not it is nice outside for sure.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Well. This can be depressing..

http://www.swedrock.se/img/covers/Hypothermia-Gratoner.jpg

But then thats a sunny day right? I would call that a depressing enviroment.
Quote by vivalasteve
Quote by d3adh3adch3mist
Did they give a reason for why trees are subconciously depressing? I've always thought the opposite.

Yeah, green stuff tends to be quite positive for people.
Quote by extrememetal94
Your missing the point.

No he isn't. He is just stating the obvious examples and of course there are more subtle ways one can consciously/unconciously be affected by temperature, exposure to sun among other things. Man is still for a great deal a biological creature.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by d3adh3adch3mist

Are they really? I guess I could kinda understand...like a dark forest type setting but...I don't associate trees with sadness I don't think haha
Sounds like it's probably true, and also the reason people take holidays. Yesterday I went with my Aunt to a nice, snow-laden, country village, and felt very happy and at peace, then I get back to the city and felt pretty crappy again because my surroundings were so dull and rundown. Seems to be the same principle.
ive always liked the cloudy and snowy days, and hated the sunny ones

i guess its really just a preference thing
I find I'm affected by the weather a shit ton, actually. Graveyards fill me with dread, forests either make me relaxed/peaceful or fearful/claustrophobic, I have a strong sense of desloation whenever it's overcast out, especially when noone's around, etc.
Quote by Bamitchell
Oh, it makes a difference weather or not it is nice outside for sure.

oh god
Quote by extrememetal94
Well. This can be depressing..

http://www.swedrock.se/img/covers/Hypothermia-Gratoner.jpg

But then thats a sunny day right? I would call that a depressing enviroment.

"Cn the scenery around you affect ones mood?"

It's still scenery.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by extrememetal94
Your missing the point.

I don't think he's missing the point at all. People are generally more miserable on rainy days.

I've discovered that sometimes days that are cloudy, yet bright have an oddly inspiring effect on me however, as opposed to making me down.
Quote by Pandaphagist
All I can tell you is that scenery changes your mood in the Sims, so I assume it is similar in real life.

of course its true. every single other animal on this planet is very affected by its surroundings. if you've ever had fish you'll know that if certain things in the tank are missing, or out of place, they can get extremely stressed, get sick, and die.

people are like every other animal and we are also affected by our surroundings.
Quote by Momentosis
"Cn the scenery around you affect ones mood?"

It's still scenery.

I don't think the argument is whether or not it's actually scenery.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I don't think the argument is whether or not it's actually scenery.

He's saying that despite it being sunny, it's still gave off a depressive vibe.

I posted to say that it being sunny or not isn't the only factor here.

Looking over the post though, I don't really quite get what the point he's trying to get across is.

Quote by CrossBack7
Paint your room blood red and let us know how that went a week from now.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Very True.

I feel like shit if I wake up and my room is messy, or just any clutter around me makes me feel lousy.
Quote by Andrax20
Very True.

I feel like shit if I wake up and my room is messy, or just any clutter around me makes me feel lousy.

This.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Rubixcuba. I like that.

Quote by Fenderhippie69
Orange amps FTW!
I like overcast Saturday mornings, but hate overcast days. Love going into the City when its sunny on weekdays, especially around mid day.
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Momentosis
Looking over the post though, I don't really quite get what the point he's trying to get across is.

I'm not sure anyone here knows what anyone is trying to get across.
Truth. It even comes down to your surroundings inside a building. I actually took that into consideration when I repainted my room. I painted it dark green to go with the dark wood furniture because it reminds me being in nature, which I absolutely love and also find very relaxing.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray