Hey everyone,

I am looking for a new tube amp and I really loved the tone in my friends MG 10CD mini marshall amp. Is there basically a bigger tube amp version of this?

Thanks
if you like the tone of a solid state amp, then why do you need a tube amp?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productId=33

thats the 15watter.

btw, MG10CD are horrible on clean, on dirty their not bad but not good, that was gonna be my first amp, they costs as much as a Peavey Vypyr amp and doesn't sound as good.

Get a Peavey.

or if you want a tube amp, get the Blackheart Little Giant.

http://www.amazon.com/Crate-Blackheart-BH5-112-Little-Attitude/dp/B0013OBUMY
well it had a nice tone but not the presence and the fullness of a tube amp
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
if you like the tone of a solid state amp, then why do you need a tube amp?

agreed.

---

Btw how is your Line6Podx3? I was thinking to buy one over the Eleven Rack.
Quote by Imapinkboi
http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productId=33

thats the 15watter.

btw, MG10CD are horrible on clean, on dirty their not bad but not good, that was gonna be my first amp, they costs as much as a Peavey Vypyr amp and doesn't sound as good.

Get a Peavey.

or if you want a tube amp, get the Blackheart Little Giant.

http://www.amazon.com/Crate-Blackheart-BH5-112-Little-Attitude/dp/B0013OBUMY

I'd swap that round, I think their cleans are acceptable, but the OD really is horrendous.

I second the Blackheart Little Giant, as long as you don't play Metal.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
I'd swap that round, I think their cleans are acceptable, but the OD really is horrendous.

I second the Blackheart Little Giant, as long as you don't play Metal.

Well you could use them for metal, they take Pedals really good.
Marshall MG 10cd similar?

can of bees?

what's your budget. are you in a band?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
lol ok, I want an amp for all kinds of rock but mostly Hair Metal style. I just really like the sound of that little one, but if the clean sucks and the dirty doesnt have enough presence, then why not get a better marshall amp?
Quote by NEX44
lol ok, I want an amp for all kinds of rock but mostly Hair Metal style. I just really like the sound of that little one, but if the clean sucks and the dirty doesnt have enough presence, then why not get a better marshall amp?

what's your budget, are you in a band?

because if you answer these questions, you might get a good answer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
so - genre is rock in general
budget?
in a band?
gigging?

My first thoughts are a JCM800, but you might not have the cash.

Yeah defenitely in a band, gigging, my budget is under 1K.

Everyone is saying the JCM800! but the problem is I cant try it out since its an older amp and no guitar store in my neighborhood has it. I cant really test it out, so if I bought it, it would prob be from ebay and Id be relying on reviews and youtube videos.
So Im basically asking, is there a Marshall tube amp that has the same basic tone as this one, and has been known to satisfy many peoples hair metal needs?
Quote by Imapinkboi
agreed.

---

Btw how is your Line6Podx3? I was thinking to buy one over the Eleven Rack.

well i have the xt, but i'd say that if you dont have protools, then the X3 is a better deal than the eleven rack. plus if you have a pod x3, you can download the pod farm plugin for free, which allows you to do some really cool stuff in a recording application, ask me as a comment on my profile if you're not sure about anything pod related
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by NEX44
Yeah defenitely in a band, gigging, my budget is under 1K.

Everyone is saying the JCM800! but the problem is I cant try it out since its an older amp and no guitar store in my neighborhood has it. I cant really test it out, so if I bought it, it would prob be from ebay and Id be relying on reviews and youtube videos.

try you local craigslist that way you get a decent price and you have a chance to actually try the amp.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
something from the TSL series would do it nicely...

decent cleans, crunchy classic rock tone, and bags of distortion for the metal teratory, i was playing a 100w half stack less than 4 hours ago, you'd find a quality hair metal tone very quickly.

and it'll make your friends mg sound terribleee in contrast, im surprised you didnt get destroyed for such high talk of an mg on here...