I just bought a mij start off ebay and i'm just wondering if you guys think it is legit or not. It feels like it. it's got a pretty thin neck on it, thinner than my '06 MIM or a '78 MIA I'm borrowing from someone. the only marks i found on the body was a red line from a permanent marker under the neck. The body looked like alder. It's got two roller string trees on it. It has SRV style countersunk pickup and switch screws. the pickguard is thin with no bevel on the edge. It's got a plastic piece underneath the neck plate. The serial runs up as 88-89 at the fuji plant. let me know what you guys think.

you got bumped
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
the whole pickguard and the contents of it seem a little sketchy.

i forgot to add that the truss rod adjustment is at the bottom of the neck.
Quote by Steel8909
Well if the serial number matches up then it must be real?

it can be taken off a real strat (not that im confirming whether its a fake or not)
ok so i found out the st-357 on the heel means it's a 57 reissue which would make the 8 hole pickguard correct. any other thoughts?
It seems fine from what I can see.

More importantly, does it sound good?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by imthatguy
yeah i'm very impressed with it.

Then, based on that everything so far matches up, we can assume it's the real deal.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Ahh, I've seen these before somewhere, and it isn't a 57 reissue. It's a Standard MIJ Strat, like an MIM, but a bit better. It's made of basswood, not alder though. It does have some 50s styling, like the truss rod being at the bottom of the neck, and the 8 hole pickguard, but it isn't a 57 reissue.

Good guitar anyway, I am quite partial to MIJ Fenders
Cam Sampbell's my hero