Hi,

I have been playing for about 2 years now, by myself and have recently met some friends who are of a similar playing level to myself.

We have talked about getting together to 'jam', but we don't have a clue what to play!!

We all play electric guitars (and bass) and are looking for a piece of music that is really simple, but widely known and has a melody, rhythm and bass part.

Does anybody have a suggestion of a particular song we could go and find the music for?

Many thanks!!
Takamine G3 Electric-Acoustic (Blue)
Tanglewood TSE603 Electric (Black)
Fender Squire Stratocaster (Blue)
Marshall Valvestate 30W
Boss GT-3 Effects Board
Quote by robbo1975
Hi,

I have been playing for about 2 years now, by myself and have recently met some friends who are of a similar playing level to myself.

We have talked about getting together to 'jam', but we don't have a clue what to play!!

We all play electric guitars (and bass) and are looking for a piece of music that is really simple, but widely known and has a melody, rhythm and bass part.

Does anybody have a suggestion of a particular song we could go and find the music for?

Many thanks!!

12 bar blues improv. - you can't go wrong! It's a chord progression that everyone recognises, and you can adapt it to whatever you need.
Any metal song basically, like off the top of my head, master of puppets has sick rhythm, a cool instrumental part, and of course your blistering pentatonic solo
ok blues is a cool idea, but really looking for something easier than Master of Puppets lol!!

Anybody know any particular blues songs that would be good to start with, not really looking to start off with improvs, wold prefer to imitate an artist until we get comfortable playing together!!
Takamine G3 Electric-Acoustic (Blue)
Tanglewood TSE603 Electric (Black)
Fender Squire Stratocaster (Blue)
Marshall Valvestate 30W
Boss GT-3 Effects Board