the only thing i know is that pre fender were made in japan and post is made in korea

does any one know anything???

i have the chance for a prefender jacson rr5 for 700 $ and i cant find if its a good deal
I've never played one, but I've heard people saying pre-Fender were better. But I'm not sure, I've only played ones owned by Fender.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Um, the post-fender takeover Pro, X, and MG series are still MIJ. I don't know where you're getting your info.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Pre-Fender USA Series is better than the current now. But the current-Professional series is better now than it was then.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
Pre-Fender USA Series is better than the current now. But the current-Professional series is better now than it was then.

I was under the impression that Fender didn't alter the manufacturing process of the Jackson USA models at all, but I could be wrong.
Quote by ijay
the only thing i know is that pre fender were made in japan and post is made in korea

does any one know anything???

i have the chance for a prefender jacson rr5 for 700 $ and i cant find if its a good deal

Jackson don't make anything in Korea at the moment. It's India for the low end models, Japan for the mid range and USA for the top of the line, the same as it was before FMIC took over.

Generally, quality is similar, if not slightly better since the FMIC takeover. There were very few changes to the way Jackson was run, and it is still essentially run as a separate company, just with the profits going to FMIC instead of the previous owners (if I remember correctly, they were owned by AKAI)

The only major changes instigated post-Fender have been to improve the specs on the MIJ Pro series, changing from using Duncan Designed pickups to real Seymour Duncans, and improving the other hardware too. They've also started somewhat of a Charvel revival with the new USA Production models.

Many Jackson enthusiasts consider the AKAI years to be the low point of the company.

The whole "Pre-Fender is better" nonsense was started by people trying to sell their old Jacksons, and thinking that they could get more money for them if they were percieved as better than the current guitars. It's also claimed by people that don't like Fender guitars, and so therefore Jackson must now be producing bad guitars since the takeover. Don't believe a word of it!

If somebody tells you a guitar is a pre-fender or post-fender it makes little difference. It's all good.
Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat at Jan 9, 2010,