Alright, so I've had my seven string for about half of a year and i dislike the tone of my Bridge pickup. I've done a little bit of research online, and picked out an EMG-707TW to replace it with. My Guitar is a Schecter Omen-7 Diamond Series, and I play metal. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these pickups or advice about them before I buy them? Thx In Advance
You have to take in mind that the emg is an active pickup. I dunno what you have currently, but if it is passive, you'll need to rewire a bit.
Yeah, it's passive, i was expecting to do a bit of re-wiring, but thanks for the heads up and at the moment im running out of a Marshall AVT 50H head, but I'm buying a new head real soon.
I suggest looking at DiMarzio. Very versatile and passive, so there's no need for any extra crap. EMGs are kinda one-dimensional.

Also, I only say this based on the music on your band profile. You'd be better off having more versatile tone. That music kicks ass btw
If you have passives, that pickup won't fit the route.

I'd recommend looking into DiMarzio, Bare Knuckle, etc., any good passives. Easier to install and probably more versatile.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Alright, I'll take a look at them, thanks ^^ will DiMarzio's give me an sharper lead tone like the EMG's? Thats kind of what I'm looking for, and also how easy is it to pull off pinch harmonics with them?
Quote by pol315
Alright, I'll take a look at them, thanks ^^ will DiMarzio's give me an sharper lead tone like the EMG's? Thats kind of what I'm looking for, and also how easy is it to pull off pinch harmonics with them?

Yeah. Best application of DiMarzios, IMHO, is Steve Vai's 'Bad Horsie'

Look it up. Not only does he wail with pinch harmonics, he makes them sound like horse neighing. For sharper lead tones, consider the EVO or the Breed. Maybe even a PAF Pro.
Quote by pol315
Alright! Thanks for the information man Appreciate it

Sure thing, man. Glad to help.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Yeah. Best application of DiMarzios, IMHO, is Steve Vai's 'Bad Horsie'

Look it up. Not only does he wail with pinch harmonics, he makes them sound like horse neighing. For sharper lead tones, consider the EVO or the Breed. Maybe even a PAF Pro.

Since when was there a breed or paf pro 7 string pup? Theres an EVO 7 string pup or you might like a blaze or if you want a passive pickup that is suppose to sound liek an active you can check out the d-activator's. The D-activator's from my experience sound like any high output ceramic pickup in my opinion. Not really active at all. Dimarzio makes better 7 string pups but if you want a traditional metal tone the d-activators would work.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
Since when was there a breed or paf pro 7 string pup? Theres an EVO 7 string pup or you might like a blaze or if you want a passive pickup that is suppose to sound liek an active you can check out the d-activator's. The D-activator's from my experience sound like any high output ceramic pickup in my opinion. Not really active at all. Dimarzio makes better 7 string pups but if you want a traditional metal tone the d-activators would work.

Idk, I'm so used to dealing with 6-strings, I guess I got a bit absent-minded

Wouldn't be the first time I've made an ass of myself. Ask anyone here.
Quote by Zhuriel
If you have passives, that pickup won't fit the route.

I'd recommend looking into DiMarzio, Bare Knuckle, etc., any good passives. Easier to install and probably more versatile.

This is right. EMG's 7 string pickups use a larger cover than other 7 string pickups. If you want active check out Seymour Duncan Blackouts. They'll fit your guitar.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Idk, I'm so used to dealing with 6-strings, I guess I got a bit absent-minded

Wouldn't be the first time I've made an ass of myself. Ask anyone here.

No it's an honest mistake, we all make them The only way someone can really make an ass of themselves here is by disrespecting their fellow posters or generally acting like a jackass.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni