http://procablesnsound.com/items/guitar-cables/power-y-adapter-70002-detail.htm

this is a link to a y adapter and i was wondering if this would work if i plug it into my blues junior and then the male adapter into my 16ohm cab and then the female goes with the combos 16ohm speaker(it is not the stock 8ohm speaker)

Also when replacing the blues junior stock speaker is the connection soldered and how would i resolder the new one? just cut the wire and get new one or cut metal off? ive never replaced a speaker before
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay
Rockband mic (gotta record some how)

new guitar: $282/$500
Quote by The1no1likes

wow, never saw one of those before, for speaker cable anyway.

Quote by The1no1likes

i was wondering if this would work if i plug it into my blues junior and then the male adapter into my 16ohm cab and then the female goes with the combos 16ohm speaker(it is not the stock 8ohm speaker)

yes this will work, the blue jr. expects an 8 ohm total load as output for the amplifier. the cable is wired in parallel(series is available evidently) and (2) 16 ohm loads run in parallel will provide the adequate 8 ohm circuit.

remember, the blues jr. does want a speaker that matches it's output impedance, so the problem with the 16 ohm speaker on board is that you won't be able to play the 'onboard' speaker with the amp exclusively without running a mismatched impedance and that is stressful for the amplifier.

Quote by The1no1likes

Also when replacing the blues junior stock speaker is the connection soldered and how would i resolder the new one? just cut the wire and get new one or cut metal off? ive never replaced a speaker before

i seriously doubt it is soldered, that would imply sacrificing overhead cost for quality and that is not the realm that this amp places itself. most likely it will just be a clip.

the thing i am wondering is if the blues jr. even has a 1/4" speaker out. i think there just might be a wire from the amplifier to the stock speaker. if that is the case then you will need to install a speaker out on the amp and acquire a 1/4" jack to clip onto the speaker. i don't find those last 2 steps to be worth it for a blues jr. you're idea might not be worth implementing if that is the case
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by The1no1likes
http://procablesnsound.com/items/guitar-cables/power-y-adapter-70002-detail.htm

this is a link to a y adapter and i was wondering if this would work if i plug it into my blues junior and then the male adapter into my 16ohm cab and then the female goes with the combos 16ohm speaker(it is not the stock 8ohm speaker)

hey i meant to answer this yesterday but i got sidetracked.

when i owned my blues jr, i pretty much wanted the same thing.
in my case, using a similar cable to power an external 8ohm and run the amp at 4.
which i was told was a safe mismatch. (if there is such a thing)

your way seems safer.

a little expensive if you dont already have the cab, but i'm guessing you do.

i liked the Blues jr with the extra speaker. it's so limited with the stock speaker that came with it. BUT

if this amp isnt everything you ever wanted in an amp, please don't pour money into it, trying to make it something it's not.

it's a convenient, "light drummer", classic rock, gig amp.

add the fact that you'd have to drag around a cab sort of changes its whole appeal.

ok, with that said, that cable looks correct.
the male amp wire would go to the female cable end, then one male would go into the jr, the other into the cab.
2x16ohm would be 8ohm as long as you got the standard cable in that add.

the speaker wire seems better than the cheap hosa Y cables i've seen around, not rated for amp OUtput use.

so, looks good to me, tho i'm no tech.
just a previous Bjr user.

lastly, the speaker is connected to the amp via a couple of clips that pull right off.

and to get the speaker out of there you need to take all the guts out too.

i think about 12 screws in total, so have a drill handy. and note where everything goes so you can get it back together again.

^edit: gumbi, i also didnt notice most of your post when i wrote this, didnt mean to step on your answer here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 10, 2010,
thanks for the answers i cant wait to get this wire now
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay
Rockband mic (gotta record some how)

new guitar: $282/$500