# 42mm Earvana Compensated Nut
# Thin U Neck Contour
# 24 XJ Frets
# Black Nickel Hardware
# ESP Locking Tuners
# Tonepros Locking TOM & Tail
# EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u.
# Finish: STB, STP

there is the differences.. was it really that hard?
Quote by Vastros
What are the real differences in the ESP Eclipse 2 and the LTD EC-1000

Price tag. Name on the headstock.

Eclipse II has more options for finishes, doesn't force you to buy something overloaded with abalone.
I mean like quality, tone, feel, etc.
I can go onto guitarcenter.com and see stats like that just fine
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by Vastros

The ESP's neck pickup is a little warmer because it only has 22 frets
It's also handmade, I think. I have the Ec-1000 and love it
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by Vastros

Perhaps if you'd have specified that in the first place...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]'], doesn't force you to buy something overloaded with abalone.
HEY NOW!!! haha i have the one over loaded with abalone!
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by Vastros
HEY NOW!!! haha i have the one over loaded with abalone!

buh-uh-uh

Srry, but I can't stand that thing. It's like Spinal Tap asking how much blacker their album can get.
I love spinal tap, so freakin much
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Dont touch it, dont even look at it. It cant be played.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
The actual ESP guitars (ones with the ESP logo) are made in Japan where the company's main factory is located. There, skilled craftsmen have a major role in making the guitars. For the LTD models, they are assembled in Korea or Indonesia where they follow more of an assembly line-method.

In my experience, the ESP guitars that I've played that were made in Japan feel and sound better than the LTD models.
punker, is it enough of a difference to warrant the price hop?
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
It depends on the factory made one. Some factory made guitars are amazing while others fail. Just because something is made by unskilled craftsmen doesnt mean it isnt a hidden gem. I have seen Squires out play fenders, but I have seen Squires that are just terrible.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
How would the ESP compare to other LP shaped guitars in the same price range? or rather 1000-1500
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
LTDs are like Mexican Fenders or Epiphones. Cheaper models for people who can't afford the real deal. Not very different spec-wise but the real ones use higher quality materials and have better build quality.
Quote by Vastros
How would the ESP compare to other LP shaped guitars in the same price range? or rather 1000-1500

It's on par with other Japanese and American instruments. But the Eclipse isn't a Les Paul, it's an Eclipse. If you want a LP, you'll be unhappy with an Eclipse and vice versa.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Jan 9, 2010,
i love both lps and eclipses
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']buh-uh-uh

Srry, but I can't stand that thing. It's like Spinal Tap asking how much blacker their album can get.This is rather off-topic, but I found this entertaining. Someone made a 'none more black' Warmoth Strat.

Anyway, although there is in theory a build quality difference between the Korean-made LTD 1000 series and the Japanese-made ESP series, I don't actually think Korea is that far behind Japan now, if at all. My first guitar is Korean-made and it's still going strong and not that distinguishable from my Gibson Custom Shop model. Emppu Vuorinen, guitarist for symphonic/goth metal band Nightwish (and one of the reasons I first got interested in guitar - the guy's tone is incredible), used a Korean-made Washburn guitar for years as his main axe, both on their recordings and tours.

If there was less of a price difference between the LTD 1000's and the ESPs, I'd still say go for the ESP. However since there is such a large gap in price, I think the LTD is a much more sensible choice. So long as you try a few out, make sure you're not buying a bad one, there's no reason for you to need anything better. The only reaosn I haven't armed myself with an army of LTD 1000 series guitars is just because I really can't stand abalone. If they ever make an MH-1000 model with passive pickups, a Floyd, no abalone and in either blue or purple, I am buying that thing in a heartbeat.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Vastros
Dont touch it, dont even look at it. It cant be played.

Don't even think about the guitar!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
well i have the ec1000 and was debating an upgrade
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by Vastros
punker, is it enough of a difference to warrant the price hop?

Depends on how big of the price difference it is really. The thing with ESP you must remember is you are also getting a pretty spec hard case that cost the same as a cheap ibanez rg

Quote by Vastros

Well I've also played a Gibson LP Standard and a PRS Singlecut Trem and I own the Eclipse II and I can tell you all 3 feel vastly different. If you are after the LP tone then stick with the LP.
what is the FT version?
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
The ESP's are of a much higher quality, i've found that the LTD's feel like toys compared to my two ESP's.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by TheBackHouse
You can get thefull thickness one in Australia my local music shop has em

Yes but try getting one in America from a local dealer It's basically the Non US Market shape which makes it effectively for sale everywhere except for America.