Hey guys...I'm badly in need of new 6-string acoustic guitar. I have an Ensenada that my grandfather gave me, but it's cheap, old, and kind of hard to play. I would also like to add a 12-string to my collection. I've been mostly looking at Takamine acoustic-electrics. Here are some options...any input on these guitars would be greatly appreciated.

Takamine: EF341SC, EF381C, FP400S, EF360 or EF360GF (not sure about this one...I already own a Glenn Frey Rickenbacker).
Gibson: J-45
Martin: D-28

I play Classic Rock and Blues...The Eagles, JD Souther, Joe Walsh, Jay Ferguson, Rick Derringer, The Raspberries, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Eric Clapton, etc. My budget is about $1000-$2000, and I would prefer something acoustic-electric. Thanks!
I like my Takamine acoustic-electric, and I play pretty much everything (it's one of their upper models, but I don't know what model I have).
Need a website? I can make you one for pretty cheap.
gibson j-45s are among my favorite guitars in the universe, especially with silk and steel strings. they're warm, short scale and most of them have a 1 3/4" nut, although if you're looking at either of these
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-J-45-Rosewood-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=517063
or
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-J45-Standard-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=580333
they have a 1.72 nut, which is more comfortable for me than the 1 11/16 nuts on the takamines and the martin. the martin sounds very nice, and it's a favorite of a lot of people, but i prefer the gibson sound - and btw, i love the sunburst on the modern classic.
i have the Takamine EG340CLH great guitar, id recommend any takamine brand acoustic, beautiful sound, good looks, durable, the electronics work awesome so far.
I own the EF341SC (sometimes called the Springsteen model). I absolutely love the guitar. Great tone plugged or unplugged. Add to that the "cool factor" of the black finish. Highly recommend. Good luck in your search!
Quote by djbsr
I own the EF341SC (sometimes called the Springsteen model). I absolutely love the guitar. Great tone plugged or unplugged. Add to that the "cool factor" of the black finish. Highly recommend. Good luck in your search!

Moi aussi.