My friend is trying to sell me a Fender P Bass Deluxe for $450. I'm in need of a bass guitar at the moment, since the one I usually use has been completely and irreparably warped out of shape, and I need one for a jazz band that I play in. Does anybody have experience with these basses? Is is worth it?
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Thats a fantastic price - i dont know their US price but I guess it'll be worth at least double that when new. Of course, play it yourself and see how you like it, what condition its in etc. You're a lucky person.
If you have the money get it, if you're going to play jazz a P Bass can't go wrong.
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
Definitely worth it.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I owned one for a couple years. Really enjoyed it but switched to an ibanez for a faster neck.

You get the choice of both the P and J pickups. It is quite convenient. They play pretty nice and for the price, and considering you're playing in a jazz band, I'd say go for it.
If it's mexican, I'd offer him 350 if it was in good condition. If it's American I'd call him right now and snag it while you can.
Cool, thanks. Pretty sure its American made. Problem is, I can't try it out, cause he's in California and i'm on Guam. If its really that good though, I'll go for it, thanks.
Quote by DevilsDance76

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Mexican made. still worth it?
Quote by DevilsDance76

Quote by rigeljs
Mexican made. still worth it?

yes
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
It's a good bass, I'm a bit vague on the currency but I think you'll want to haggle a bit.