http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-mix.htm

I've never heard of this before. Anyone have any experience? It looks to be an FX Loop... pedal? How does that work? And is it the EXACT same as an FX Loop? I've got an Orange AD30, which has no fx loop. Is the solution for my delay/phaser/other modulation pedal needs?!

haven't used that pedal in particular...but radial make some bad ass switches. i used their a/b pedal when I was using a stereo rig.

this pedal, you pretty much put it in your chain like normal using the in/out jack on the sides....then the send/receive jacks on the top are 'the loop'...you can put another signal chain of pedals in that loop...to turn on/off with this pedal.

these pedals work great for pedals that suck tone...you put them in the loop...that way when you're not using them, they're hard bypassed out of your signal. or you could use this pedal to eliminate tap dancing...for example, a lick requires flanger, delay, and reverb...you can have all 3 pedals switched on, put them in the loop of this pedal...and only have to tap this pedal on/off to engage all three effects into your signal.
But it says it should work like an FX Loop, and send the pedals in the loop through only the amp, not the chained pedals... right?

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
But it says it should work like an FX Loop, and send the pedals in the loop through only the amp, not the chained pedals... right?

No, it's more for isolating pedals with bad bypass. Unfortunately an amp with no effects loop is an amp with no effects loop. Theoretically you could have it modded for one, but I have no idea how to go about that.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
No, it's more for isolating pedals with bad bypass. Unfortunately an amp with no effects loop is an amp with no effects loop. Theoretically you could have it modded for one, but I have no idea how to go about that.

I know on my Vox Valvetronix, its not that hard to add in a effects loops. Two jacks and a few wires and its done, but thats my amp, not his, so I'm not sure.

But you're right, an amp without an effects loops isn't ever going to get one. The effects loops is usually after the preamp and before the power amp so no pedal or gadget going into the input in your amp is going to change that.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3