its called a metronome
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
120 ish bpm
last.fm
"If I could prove by logic that you would die in five minutes, I should be sorry you were going to die, but my sorrow would be very much mitigated by pleasure in the proof."
G.H. Hardy
get a stopwatch and count out the beats in 60 seconds. I think its pretty obvious.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
get a stopwatch and count out the beats in 60 seconds. I think its pretty obvious.

I know how to roughly count beats, I just thought that maybe someone was aware of a program or website of some sort that would output an exact reading. Perhaps this doesn't exist.
Just use the Michael Jackson Trick and guess from there
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by dan_457
whats the Michael Jackson Trick?

sleep with it's children

Edit (further embellishment): at the point of climax your heart should be racing. put your hand to your heart and feel the pulse. this will be approximately in the 150-160 range. now you can calculate the tempo of any song by using this as a baseline and dividing.
last.fm
"If I could prove by logic that you would die in five minutes, I should be sorry you were going to die, but my sorrow would be very much mitigated by pleasure in the proof."
G.H. Hardy
Last edited by d3adh3adch3mist at Jan 9, 2010,
Since a lot of Michel Jackson songs are about 120bpm, just start singing Billy Jean or something to get approximately 120bpm.
I pride myself on my humility.
And I'm sorry, but what a truly awful song.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
72bpm is correct, it seems I, like some other UGers couldn't count offbeats
last.fm
G.H. Hardy