Hey recently ive been trying to go outside my comfort zone in metal by listening to out there bands such as: Cannibal corpse, and necrphagist and just like so far im really not likein it so like can somebody like name some good old death metal to listen to?
Death

EDIT: Or just skip Death Metal entirely and go right to the stoner/prog/sludge/alt. metal like Baroness, Torche, Mastodon, Kylesa and Struck by Lightning.
Last edited by goest at Jan 9, 2010,
suffocation
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Entrails

OT: I get Melodic Death Metal.

Notsomuch the other stuff though.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

If those are the only 2 bands you've listened to you're not trying very hard. Also, wrong forum. Also, listen to Death.
Death

You should instead try to get into melodeath. Like children of bodom and early in flames.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by goest
Death

EDIT: Or just skip Death Metal entirely and go right to the stoner/prog/sludge/alt. metal like Baroness, Torche, Mastodon, Kylesa and Struck by Lightning.

This.
The playground of the world
I don't want to get into death metal. Tried a couple of recommendations on here to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything, I was right.
-

If you don't like or get it, you may not ever like it. Just keep listening to stuff you like after you've given this a go. I wouldn't force anything.
Quote by goest
Death

+1,000 they were the original death metal band, and still one of the best. Necrophagist is kinda hard to get into, start out with their more recent album, its easier to get into. Children of Bodom is a great band too, along with Amon Amarth.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Death, Mashuggah and wrong forum
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by smartalec007
+1,000 they were the original death metal band, and still one of the best. Necrophagist is kinda hard to get into, start out with their more recent album, its easier to get into. Children of Bodom is a great band too, along with Amon Amarth.

Inb4 Possessed, lololol
Morbid Angel

Opeth

Decapitated

Nile
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666
Morbid Angel

Opeth

Decapitated

Nile

And them. For the love of god, listen to them.
but like isnt children of bodom blac metal cause alexi doesnt do guttral?
plus i already listen to melodic death metal its just that i wanted suggestions on whats the best non melodic death metal stuff to listen to
Hey man, You should check out Nile. They're more melodic death but still have that brutal sound.
Their riffs are technical but they end up being more thrash sounding which makes them awesome IMO.

They also write meaningful lyrics and not just that gore shit.