I remember when i first started playing, i borrowed a squire telecaster from a relative of mine. I remember one day breaking a string and being worried over how much a new string would cost me, i then found out that a string costed like 2$ :P
Anyone else have any funny/interesting stories from their beginner days?
When I was first learning to play chord my fingers hurt loads. My friend (who had been playing guitar for years before me) was the goto guy for all my guitar related enquiries. I asked him how to stop it hurtin so much. He said that the only way to get round this was to soak my fingers in piss.

I did it...
last.fm
"If I could prove by logic that you would die in five minutes, I should be sorry you were going to die, but my sorrow would be very much mitigated by pleasure in the proof."
G.H. Hardy
When I originally started played on this old crappy acoustic my friend had (like nine years ago) I thought the guitar was tuned (lo-hi) G#-B-E-G#-B-E, and that the only way to get the full two-octave range between the hi and lo strings was to take a seven string guitar and tune the low string to E. After countless snapped strings, I learned my lesson

I was 10, then.
My first song was 0---3----5------0-----3-----6--5---
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
Quote by Autumnfallsbest
My first song was 0---3----5------0-----3-----6--5---

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I tried adjusting my action only to realize that it was the intonation I was messing with.

I read tabs upside down.

..and I thought tapping was the coolest thing EVAR.
My Gear
Marshall MG10 + Digitech RP350 multi-fx
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig
Quote by ZachCrawfordOMG
I tried adjusting my action only to realize that it was the intonation I was messing with.

I read tabs upside down.

..and I thought tapping was the coolest thing EVAR.

THIS +1000 it took me soooooooo long to get it
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
for the first few hours i read tabs upside down

even now i'm still like, why have them upside down >_>
Well, I tuned my guitar way too high... Um, as soon as I got my guitar (part of a pack, you know) I attempted to play Wake Me Up When September Ends. Keep in mind, the guitar was out of tune.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.