hey,
i have a peavy vyper 30 tube amp and ibanez 7 sting, idk the exact one. but if you can help me i wanna get my amp to sound to sound more ozzy like, i know its harder to guess with out knowing the pickups and all but just any suggestions would be nice. and also what the setting should be for a bluesy sound like santana. thanks
Ozzy sound: High gain, high bass, high treb, and cut the mids a little... Use the bridge pick-up on your guitar, too. You really need a tube amp to get the distortion that you hear on those kind of records. That distortion only occurs when you can saturate the tubes, and you also have to crank the amp for this to happen.

Santana sound: Really depends on whether you want light distortion or a clean sound. On the clean channel, I'd suggest high bass, high mids, and medium treb maybe...? I don't know... Try the neck pick-up for a smoother sound, too, Fool around with the bass, middle, and treble knobs until you get the tone you want. It's all about experimenting...
I didn't know they made a tube 30.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey Vypyr 30

I believe that Don't Stop Believing is overrated. There are far better Journey songs out there.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
well zakk wylde used emg HZ passives with a marshall halfstack(forget the model) and he used a 6 string. plus he has his own pedal.

zakk uses an emg 81/85 pickup combo which are actives, only the epiphone models have the HZs, to make them cheaper.
Last edited by DeanRedneck at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by wamguy89
@jeffrey: I didn't know that either... Is the vypr a tube amp?

some of the bigger ones are. the 30 is not
They have a 60 and 120 watt tube models. The rest (15, 30, 75, 100) are solid state I think. I saw an ad in guitar world a while ago which mentioned plans for a tube head model.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey Vypyr 30

I believe that Don't Stop Believing is overrated. There are far better Journey songs out there.