I'm not sure if we can discuss vocal recording as well or if this forum is only for guitars. If so, just move this to wherever the appropriate place is.

Anyways, I've been playing and writing for a little while but I'm new to the whole recording thing. I've got a Macbook with Garageband and a Blue Snowball microphone that I just bought. I'm generally pretty happy with the mic, I just don't know much about mixing/producing after I've got my song recorded.

I've been wondering how to get an "old" vocal sound. I don't really know if that's the right word to describe it. Really the best way to know what I mean is to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjkH40Mx0bc&feature=related

I'm interested in playing around with something like that as I really love the sound it gives. I tried just boosting the mids on the vocal track but that doesn't sound right, and I don't really know enough to do much else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You could add some analog tape saturation (modeling obviously). A lot of his vintage sound is just his strange voice and that funky old mic.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i haven't listened to that yet, but i know garageband has some vocal presets you could try. i'm sure they've got something similar to what you're looking for.
Sid hit it on the head pretty much.

Quote by swarley
I'm not sure if we can discuss vocal recording as well or if this forum is only for guitars. If so, just move this to wherever the appropriate place is.

Its both a recording forum and a guitar riff forum. I don't really know why both are lumped together since the 2 have little in common (unless of course, you're recording a guitar riff) but you're in the right spot.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
The vocal has a ping-pong delay on it as well. I think the only way you are going to get anywhere near that sound is some really precise EQing though.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?