I'm new to this forum but I have been playing guitar for 1.5 years. If you want to badger me about techniques to practice, artists to idolize, then just message me.

I feel accomplished when I learn a technique for guitar or being able to play a song a grew up with. i.e. "Paranoid", "Under The Bridge", "One Last Breath".

When I drink (and yes, I am 21 years old) I can play better. I've recorded myself with my friends equpment sober and buzzed, and when I am buzzed, I sound much better on playback. Not only that, I can imbue a different style into the songs as well as make up notes that sound good with a song I am playing with.

I've been studying music theory because of this (Pentatonic scales, CAGED System, Major Scales), and I can remember what I did while drinking.

My question is, WHY the hell can I do this buzzed instead of sober.
Is there any way to do what I do buzzed while sober?
Well, mind altering substances can cause you to be a much more creative person while under the influence.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Yeah just smoke weed and you'll be good all the famous people do it
P.S. this is what the alphabet would look like without the letters Q and R
It might be just your more outgoing about it, not playing as conservatively. Things like pot and acid APPARENTLY help greatly with the writing and appreciating of music. Never heard of beer... seems like it would only hurt your sense of rythym and coordination. still... dont do drugs kids!
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
To be quite honest, I play like 10x better when I'm not thinking about it much. Like if I listen to a backing track and try to play a song perfectly, it doesn't sound right. If slouch and am comfortable and just doing what feels right with not much thought, it sounds a lot better to me.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Like above, you probably think about it too much when you're sober, and when you're buzzed you just let it flow out.
I'm the same way- I record much much better when I'm zoned out staring into space not even aware of what I'm playing thinking about something unrelated. If I concentrate on my playing, I screw stuff up left and right.
Quote by Odins Les Paul
If you want to badger me about techniques to practice, artists to idolize, then just message me.

I'll Badger you whenever I want, thank-you very much.

On topic: I think the reason you can play better when you're "buzzed" is because you're more confident than when you're not drunk. So, I don't know, somehow if you want to play as good as you do drunk... Be more confident I suppose?

EDIT: Looking above ^^ I agree with these people. It's gotta flow, not be forced, when you're drunk you don't think about it as much. (I'm basically just repeating others points )
_Don't click the "O" in "Dough".
!DOUGH_BOY!
- Fatal consequences will ensue.
Last edited by dough_boy at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by Heylo12
It might be just your more outgoing about it, not playing as conservatively. Things like pot and acid APPARENTLY help greatly with the writing and appreciating of music. Never heard of beer... seems like it would only hurt your sense of rythym and coordination. still... dont do drugs kids!

Yeah, it helps with writing and creativity, but youll suck at playing while high. Try getting high or drunk and writing some stuff down, then try playing it when you sober up, TS.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Eliyahu, it may be as you say.

Although, I can apply what you have said to my situation.
I've been insecure most of my life, but when I drink a little bit, on the guitar I let it flow, I just make sounds that "sound good" to me. and no, I wont be a virtuoso. I just love creating sound/melodies that people would enjoy. I just care about what people say about my music, which makes me insecure when I am writing... When I drink a little, I say "to hell with what people think, this sounds amazing to me."

Looking at what I posted from another point of view, I would say Just do It.

But do I need drinking to help me to start me off on my journey in the world of music?
And no, when I am high, I just get lazy, guitar playing sucks, but I can make some amazing jokes. Drinking and playing makes me carefree and be able to feel. And I don't care to try acid, and shrooms makes me see 3-4 extra fingers, and I don't know where to put them on the 70 fret board......
Play with your eyes closed and play random chords.

Alternatively, you can do weed and then play with your eyes closed and play random chords.
are you listening to your playing buzzed or sober? If you're listening to it buzzed then that's probably why it sounds better but if you listened to it sober then you're just more relaxed
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Maybe training with my eyes closed while sober will help me, but when I play while buzzed when my eyes are closed it sounds good as when they are opened.
It's because you're all loosey goosey when you're buzzed. It's quite easy to overthink and get robotic when you're playing sober, but if you're in a good laid-back mood then everything comes much more naturally

EDIT: Learn how to keep relaxed and loosey goosey when sober and you're onto a winner
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
When I am sober my buzzed playing sounds really great, when I am buzzed I think about noted I can add, places I can changed the strumming technique, and how to play vocals across a melody. But it's all when I am drinking, I'm not drunk most of my life, so only part of my life is creative...