I have a serious guitar problem. I bought a Ibanez rg120 a couple of days ago and everything was going good, until today!!! EVERYTIME i Play the 3rd string the fifth and sometimes sixth string start buzzing. I am so frustrated. I didnt even touch the string. i think it may be something with the truss rod, but i already tried that. There is something wrong with the guitar, not my playing because it worked fine in the past.thanks
Try to adjust the individual string saddle heights. If your axe has a fixed bridge, a small enough screw driver will do the trick. However, if it has a Floyd-type bridge, you'll have to get some shims to place under the saddles to raise the height. You can find those pretty cheap at allparts.com. I understand you're frustration. I've had to deal with exactly the same pain in the @ss in the past. This is a problem for those of us with flat bridges that actually like close action. But, a very fixable problem. Good luck.
Limited guesses here, but are your pickups set at the correct height? Also, is the bridge secure? Or, do you have a string tree and is it secure also?
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
it`s just fret buzz, raise the action a 1/4 of a turn...and use the search bar before starting threads
I have a serious guitar problem. I bought a Ibanez rg120 a couple of days ago and everything was going good, until today!!! EVERYTIME i Play the 3rd string the fifth and sometimes sixth string start buzzing. I am so frustrated. I didnt even touch the string. i think it may be something with the truss rod, but i already tried that. There is something wrong with the guitar, not my playing because it worked fine in the past.thanks
If you already messed with the truss rod, go get it professionally set up. Don't do random stuff with the truss rod if you don't know what you're doing, you should've just adjusted the action.