I want a Schecter Hellraiser for my next guitar, but, if I can find a used PRS guitar for between $700 and $900, then I'll jump on that instead. In short, I'll buy the Schecter if I can't find a PRS for that price anywhere. I don't want an SE at all; I prefer arch-top PRS's. I've heard that the street prices for a post-1995 PRS CE can go for really low prices. Can anyone point me in some direction? Please, I need a new guitar fast, I just sold my only guitar, and I hate going weeks without playing.

EDIT: USED, I am looking for a USED one.
Last edited by EvilAngel93 at Jan 9, 2010,
If you're looking at used guitars then no, there is no specific place you can go to buy one at that sort of price. You can search EBay and your local listings but it's not like stores stock up a warehouse full of second hand PRS guitars to sell on cheaply.

Quote by Rocker_94
Why don't you want an SE at all? They're still very good guitars IMO.
Every single one I've played has been terrible and more to the point, even if they were made well, they'd still be very different to handle and produce a very different tone than an actual PRS. It's like comparing an Epiphone Special-II to a Gibson LP Standard.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Rocker_94
Why don't you want an SE at all? They're still very good guitars IMO.

Yeah, I know. I've played them before through a Mesa and they sound even better than the Gibsons they had at GC. My only problem is that I'm rather picky....I like the archtop models better.
Quote by MrFlibble
If you're looking at used guitars then no, there is no specific place you can go to buy one at that sort of price. You can search EBay and your local listings but it's not like stores stock up a warehouse full of second hand PRS guitars to sell on cheaply.

Every single one I've played has been terrible and more to the point, even if they were made well, they'd still be very different to handle and produce a very different tone than an actual PRS. It's like comparing an Epiphone Special-II to a Gibson LP Standard.

Well yeah, I suppose. I mean, I've looked everywhere, every city on Craigslist. I can't find anything. I checked Ebay, and no one sells them for that low. I've seen them before, but they're sold before I can act.
And the SE's aren't horrible but they could be alot better too. They have a very trebly sound and as a rhythm player I need a more bassy response.
Quote by EvilAngel93
I've played them before through a Mesa and they sound even better than the Gibsons they had at GC.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
^^2x actually, that's a lie, I forgot I only played two Gibsons, an Explorer and a Les Paul, the former of which had a God-awful setup and the Les Paul had a far better bass end.
Quote by BurningStarlV
I could be wrong, but don't SE single cuts have carved tops?

Even if they don't, they're still sweet guitars.

Eh, my last guitar was a Les Paul & I'm just lookin for something new...
I'm sorry, but I've owned many guitars and played a whack more. The pickups PRS uses in the SE guitars are damn near the worst I've ever heard. I sold my SE because they sucked so bad, which was a shame because the guitar played really well.

To perhaps sing some praise for the SE I'll say that a friend of mine just put some SD pickups into his SE. I've never heard such a vast improvement via a pickup change.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
You should post a want ad in your area on craigslist. It's free and you never know!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I hate the way SEs play, never played a real PRS though.

I think you could find a Mira for around $1000 though, they aren't too expensive new. And I think they look pretty nice.
I dunno, I liked the SE's I've played. Pretty nice, IMO, for the price. Plus, pickups are one of those things that can be changed.

Oh, and Flibble, you quite seriously CAN'T find a decent PRS copy in the US.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.