I am nearing completion of my first strat build and I am already thinking of my next build. I am thinking a 72 telecaster thinline style body (Tele semi hollow with HH config). Can i simply buy any tele thinline body and a 27/28 in baritone scale neck and bolt them together? Or do I need to find a baritone specific body to get all the scales and sizes right?

Recommendations? Answers? I dont do my own wood work, but i am comfortable buying bodies and necks and assembling parts.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
if you find a body that doesn't have the bridge drileld or neck pocket routed, then you could drill the bridge in the right spot for the scalelength, and route the neck pcket..

but unless the bride is in the right spot throwing a baritone neck on wont work.
In the words of the great Tenacious D... **** ASS... Yeah i was simply hoping i could buy the body, and a "baritone conversion" neck and be good to go. Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the custom PRS hollowbody baritone made for Ben from Breaking Benjamin and I have been drooling. My custom Singlecut Hollowbody is sick... sick sick sick... but his is just one more step sick. His goes to 11.5.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
Quote by Jason Jillard
if you find a body that doesn't have the bridge drileld or neck pocket routed, then you could drill the bridge in the right spot for the scalelength, and route the neck pcket..

but unless the bride is in the right spot throwing a baritone neck on wont work.

Word.

If you're building a guitar though, it's a pretty minor thing. Just adjust some measurements. If the body you're buying isn't finished yet, you might be able to modify it. But it being a semi, that will complicate matters.