Hey guys,
I am trying to plan out a basic recording set up for recording myself/my friends. I was looking into getting a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra . Is this a good idea? If possible, I want to stay with the 4 input interface to avoid having to use a drum machine. Any help is appreciated as I am a newb in need of help.
Thanks!
Quote by phlip999
Armstrong to moon bass.
Sorry.

Quote by 0RI0N
I just glanced and thought his name was tampon.

I wouldn't buy m-audio if I were you. Horrible company with even worse customer service.
It's okay. I have one and I haven't had any problems with it. I only bought it because my macbook doesn't have firewire, it had 4 mic pres, and the price was decent.
Quote by cormango
I wouldn't buy m-audio if I were you. Horrible company with even worse customer service.

Source? Seriously, I haven't heard of too many problems with them.

Go for it. You'll have a solid setup for pretty much everything you need.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by cormango

I have M-Audio studio monitors and I think they are great. No problems at all. Otherwise I'm mostly using Edirol/Roland/Cakewalk (Sonar) Products for my studio.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
add 50$ and get a firewire interface with 8 inputs. I have and like the Presonus Firestudio Projecct which is a awesome interface. i don't think USB can do 4 inputs well.