if you have to ask then you don't need them
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
the mods will do what they are supposed to. without knowing what mods you are talking about, no one has any idea what some random mods you are thinking about will do.

and i agree, if you have to ask, you dont need them.
Checkout BillM mods
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
what do any mods do? They modify your amp to improve things such as tone/features/controls. If you have experience with these things or you know a guy who can help you out, look into it. It might kill the resale value though.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
well i just see a lot with with these mods. Jw why these ppl had them on. Can a blues jr sound like jimmi hendricks? get that nice tone?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by silly6-string
well i just see a lot with with these mods. Jw why these ppl had them on. Can a blues jr sound like jimmi hendricks? get that nice tone?

blues jrs can get a hendrix esque tone, but nothing can quite replicate that bar the roar of a cranked Marshall JTM45.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
blues jrs can get a hendrix esque tone, but nothing can quite replicate that bar the roar of a cranked Marshall Super Lead

Fix'd

But yeah, it's a different voicing.

What do you want out of your BJ that it doesn't do right now?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by silly6-string
well i just see a lot with with these mods. Jw why these ppl had them on. Can a blues jr sound like Jimi Hendrix? get that nice tone?

are you drunk right now? I don't understand a word of what you are saying. first off
a) we don't know what mods you are talking about, there are thousands of ways to modifiy a blues junior
b) you don't need them.
EDIT: ^ hendrix played a JTM45/100 for the most part. he only switched to a super lead later on.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jan 10, 2010,
wow shoot me in the leg why dont u lol. I just asked a simple question. I never heard of modding a guitar amp. I was just wondering why u mod it. I was wondering about a blue jr cause i was interested in buying one. Well a decent amp anyway. price range was for 500 bucks. I play blues,alternitive,classic rock,some metal not really, what amp is best for me?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by silly6-string
wow shoot me in the leg why dont u lol. I just asked a simple question. I never heard of modding a guitar amp. I was just wondering why u mod it. I was wondering about a blue jr cause i was interested in buying one. Well a decent amp anyway. price range was for 500 bucks. I play blues,alternitive,classic rock,some metal not really, what amp is best for me?

honestly, the Blues Junior.

or a Blackstar HT-5
I had a blues junior that I thought I was going to use as a little rehearsal and jam amp with the help of some pedals. No dice - it was a colossal piece of shit. I spent hours hunting down and re-soldering cracked joints and never did fix them all. I finally gave it away to some guy who thought he could fix it.

I would never recommend anyone buy one new.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by Even Bigger D
I had a blues junior that I thought I was going to use as a little rehearsal and jam amp with the help of some pedals. No dice - it was a colossal piece of shit. I spent hours hunting down and re-soldering cracked joints and never did fix them all. I finally gave it away to some guy who thought he could fix it.

I would never recommend anyone buy one new.

That never happened to me. Mine was perfect from the start. Although I did buy the tweed one with the new speaker. That one is 10X better than the original, trust me!
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo
That never happened to me. Mine was perfect from the start. Although I did buy the tweed one with the new speaker. That one is 10X better than the original, trust me!

I'm glad yours was good

I always kind of hate telling these "mine was a POS" stories, because you know someone else owns one and loves it like their first born child. It was one of my more disappointing purchases though and kind of turned me off to modern fender amps (well, that and a buddy who had a HRD with similar problems).
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by jof1029
the mods will do what they are supposed to. without knowing what mods you are talking about, no one has any idea what some random mods you are thinking about will do.

and i agree, if you have to ask, you dont need them.

+1
Quote by Even Bigger D
I'm glad yours was good

I always kind of hate telling these "mine was a POS" stories, because you know someone else owns one and loves it like their first born child. It was one of my more disappointing purchases though and kind of turned me off to modern fender amps (well, that and a buddy who had a HRD with similar problems).

It's actually a common problem among most Fenders my friends own. My HRD has given me tons of trouble. The only one that hasn't had a solder joint problem was the tweed Blues Jr. Although the speaker did stop working for some reason and it had to be replaced under warranty.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
It's actually a common problem among most Fenders my friends own. My HRD has given me tons of trouble. The only one that hasn't had a solder joint problem was the tweed Blues Jr. Although the speaker did stop working for some reason and it had to be replaced under warranty.

I don't mean to hijack but does this mean I shouldn't buy a blues junior used?
Quote by Helicopters!
I don't mean to hijack but does this mean I shouldn't buy a blues junior used?

Just try it first and you should be good. Most of those problems result from being rough with it. Mine broke as the result of being thrown in and out of cars. The Blues Jr. seems to be the most reliable of the cheaper bunch with the HRDs being disasters for the most part.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by oneblackened
Fix'd

But yeah, it's a different voicing.

What do you want out of your BJ that it doesn't do right now?
Nope, early Hendrix used 45s and 45/100s. Monterrey Pop Festival is most famous for the 45/100 tone.
Quote by al112987
Nope, early Hendrix used 45s and 45/100s. Monterrey Pop Festival is most famous for the 45/100 tone.

I don't think he used the basic 45 at ALL if i remember, I'm almost certain it was always the 45/100. Hendrix's tone was a lot "heavier" than what a base 45 puts out (not to mention the volume.)
I thought I had heard a JTM45 was used in the studio somewhere, perhaps not. I'm not really sure the JTM45/100 caused his tone to be heavier, a 45/100 is actually a fair bit cleaner and brighter than a stock 100, low end isn't quite as overbearing, but Hendrix did use a fuzz face in front of it at times.
hey helicopters nice icon. Love that game. Back to guitars. Sounds like its good. Ya how is it gigable? Can it with stand punishment? I mean honestly is there a point in getting a blues junior or deville?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
If you really want a small amp for a Jimi Hendrix style tone, look into the Marshall Class 5. It doesn't have the most features but it's tone is pretty great for a lot of classic rock and blues-rock.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...