im looking to buy a new guitar amp and ive narrowed it down to basically these 3. Mesa triple rec, mesa electro dyne, or carvin v3. i need an amp with good clean sounds and that can handle distortion from a pedal. and a good overdrive on the amp is good too cuz my pedal cant do overdrive.

so which amp do u think i should get?

also if u guys have suggestions of other amps i could look at
Last edited by Mr.Krinkle1410 at Jan 10, 2010,
the mesa triple rec doesn't have the best cleans. but they are decent. if you bought the triple rec you could sell that distortion pedal and the rec must have more then enough for your style
What kind of music do you play? Budget?

Out of those, I would pick the Carvin V3 for its versatility.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
The Recto cleans are great IMO. What pedal do you plan on using? I'd rather use the Recto distortion with an OD or EQ in front than most.

The Electra Dyne is my favorite out of those three. It's got great cleans, a great British type overdrive and doesn't really need any pedals unless you want modern metal tones.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
look into the fryette deliverance its a one channel amp but its very versatile but if you want more options you could also look into the sig:x. Also the deliverance is made specifically to handle pedals in the front very well since it has no effect loop
Whaaaat!!!!!!
thanks guys

i play mostly mostly rock and metal.

the pedal i have is a electro harmonix metal muff. so thats y i need the overdrive. cuz with the distortion all the way down its still too much for an overdrive sound
Quote by Mr.Krinkle1410
thanks guys

the pedal i have is a electro harmonix metal muff. so thats y i need the overdrive. cuz with the distortion all the way down its still too much for an overdrive sound

Eh...I wouldn't plan on using a metal muff through amps like the Recto/V3 anyway. I prefer their natural distortion. Use an OD instead so you don't color the tone as much
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by mmolteratx
The Recto cleans are great IMO. What pedal do you plan on using? I'd rather use the Recto distortion with an OD or EQ in front than most.

The Electra Dyne is my favorite out of those three. It's got great cleans, a great British type overdrive and doesn't really need any pedals unless you want modern metal tones.

+1 to the electracdyne. its one of mesas best amps released in a while. cleans are almost lonestar quality.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Mr.Krinkle1410
thanks guys

I'd sell the Metal Muff, buy a Tubescreamer or clone and the Electra Dyne. I only like the Recto for cleans and teh br00tz with an OD or EQ in front. The Electra Dyne is awesome for just about anything with an OD. Don't let the simple control panel fool you. It's an extremely versatile and very toneful amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
I'd sell the Metal Muff, buy a Tubescreamer or clone and the Electra Dyne. I only like the Recto for cleans and teh br00tz with an OD or EQ in front. The Electra Dyne is awesome for just about anything with an OD. Don't let the simple control panel fool you. It's an extremely versatile and very toneful amp.

thats pretty much what i wanna do but im not sure if ill e able to get the money together to do that. i might have to settle with something cheaper
Quote by Mr.Krinkle1410
thats pretty much what i wanna do but im not sure if ill e able to get the money together to do that. i might have to settle with something cheaper

I guess a Recto is passable for rock. I've been offered a Rectoverb for $650 and those are a bit more versatile than the regular Rectos. That seems to be around the going price for one right now. Just make sure you get an OD or EQ.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

could you afford a roadster? idk how much your planning to spend, but it would be more versitlle then those amps
edit: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mesa-Boogie-Roadster-100W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103671897-i1453118.gc

its not that much more then an electra dyne, though that is a used one, maybe look on ebay or craiglist for a deal
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
Last edited by fbeckinsale at Jan 10, 2010,
Sorry to hi jack the thread, but

what is more worth it?
Mesa triple rectifier w/ 1960 Cab for 1250
or a carvin V3 for like 600-700$?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
For the money, the Carvin V3 wins hands down. It is also the most versatile of those amplifiers. For purely metal/distorted stuff, you might like the Triple Rectifier, although the V3 can do those tones very well. Mesa amplifiers will hold their value a lot better if you are into horsetrading your gear.

All in all, I'd go with the V3.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The deal on the triple recto is a really good deal. The head alone can go for that much.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
alright i guess i'll stick to getting the rectifier
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"