Page 1 of 2
This is kind of inspired by other threads I saw created recently about favorite and least favorite parts of songs.

Anyways, what are some songs that the radio either takes parts out of or completely cuts the song short because of length or explicit content that makes you cringe every time it happens. These may sometimes be the part of the song that has the strongest message, or its just the part that is most satisfactory for your ear drums.

This happened earlier today while in the car to me. I was listening to Keith Urban play a song called "Till summer comes around" (its a new single apparently but its been one of my favorites since it was released last spring) and they completely cut off the end solo which i only about a minute longer.

They seem to do this to all of Keith Urbans songs on the radio. He is one of the most talented guitarists out there right now and they completely disregard the most important part of his songs. It gets me everytime
Cutting out the first solo of Weezer's Perfect Situation.

(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHISSHIT!?!!??
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
i heard metallicas "all nightmare long" being cut short on the radio....it was one of the lower points of my lifetime
My Gear:

Ibanez SR505 Bass
Crate B150 Bass Amp
Epiphone G310 Guitar
VOX AD50VT Amp
Ovation GC057 Acoustic
Rocktron Classic Wah
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
BOSS DD3 Digital Delay
Quote by RlDEtheLIGHTNIN
i heard metallicas "all nightmare long" being cut short on the radio....it was one of the lower points of my lifetime

why? because they didn't cut out the entire thing?
DSOTM has never been the same since being released on CD.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Våd Hamster
I don't listen to radio. Too much talk.

Too many commercials and I'm not in charge of the playlist.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Våd Hamster

I agree. 99% of the time I listen to my cd's while in the car. However, tonight I was a passenger in my families car when the song came on.
Hey Guylee What does ATR Stand for.....I' just interested in what band that is cause i've never heard the abbvreviation......if you see this on the thread or if anyone does please reply or send me a message ...thanks
dubtastic
Quote by iplayguitar?
I agree. 99% of the time I listen to my cd's while in the car. However, tonight I was a passenger in my families car when the song came on.

Same here. That's why I stopped listening to radio. Even on the Christian rock station, they'd play some awesome songs and cut out (as previously mentioned) the main part with the message, or even a really cool 15 seconds off the ending.

I heard the song on radio, liked it, my friend got the CD and I listened to it and went "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?" and then promptly explained the reasoning behind my outburst.

I was very disappointed that day.
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Hey what doe DSOTM Stand For Also.....Or Is That The Actual name and not really stand for anything......but if it does I'm interested in what band that is .....Please reply ...thanks
dubtastic
Quote by dubtastic2009
Hey Guylee What does ATR Stand for.....I' just interested in what band that is cause i've never heard the abbvreviation......if you see this on the thread or if anyone does please reply or send me a message ...thanks

ATR stands for All That Remains.
(And I think DSOTM refers to the Pink Floyd album, Dark Side of the Moon?)
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Last edited by FacetOfChaos at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by guylee
well ATR's "Forever in Your Hands" was almost a fagfest BEFORE the radio got their hands on it, and if I hear Two Weeks again I'm gonna punt a baby

Hey you're lucky. No radio station within 100 miles of where I live will play anything remotely close to All That Remains.

On topic (almost), Rockband 2 cuts off the second half of BTBAM's Prequal to the Sequal, everything that comes after that weird part...you know what I mean
Quote by dubtastic2009
Hey what doe DSOTM Stand For Also.....Or Is That The Actual name and not really stand for anything......but if it does I'm interested in what band that is .....Please reply ...thanks

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
the noise bulidup and **** you i wont do what you tell me in killing in the name of by rage against the machine.

they could have done the gh version, but i mean they cant say **** you for like 2 mins straight llol.
I hate the radio. I hate it when they do it with Keith Urban too. And one time I heard Uprising by Muse and they cut the intro, outro, and variuos other parts.
The thing I really hate about radio is when the dj feels compelled to talk over the first 30 seconds of a song.
Stfu dude. You aren't that interesting to begin with.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by guylee
well ATR's "Forever in Your Hands" was almost a fagfest BEFORE the radio got their hands on it, and if I hear Two Weeks again I'm gonna punt a baby

agreed. That whole album was shit imo.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
agreed. That whole album was shit imo.

True dat, what happened to the sound they had on The Fall of Ideals
I hate when they do that seriously the radios on all mother****ing day!
And I don't wanna hear the same song 7 times in an hour especially rock and roll all nite! It's an ok song play a different kiss song
P.S. this is what the alphabet would look like without the letters Q and R
Quote by Jackal58
The thing I really hate about radio is when the dj feels compelled to talk over the first 30 seconds of a song.
Stfu dude. You aren't that interesting to begin with.

This. Especially lately they have been talking about this same Origonthy chick over every song about how good she is at guitar when really in my opinion she justs writes generic pop songs and her guitar solos pretty much are exact copies of Eddie Van Halen's. I don't listen to it usually, but everybody else in my house does.
Quote by 6StringSlaughtr
True dat, what happened to the sound they had on The Fall of Ideals

I know. that album is golden. I hope they don't mess up the next album too
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by diminishedtobme
They ruin rap songs by bleeping out "Nigger" and other stuff.

They censor out the whole damn song. I remeber when Stan by Eminem was a hit and they bleeped out whole sentences and the story of the song was ruined.
they cut off the last two minutes of november rain on the radio and on some music channels. also they cut off green day 21 guns just as the solo kicks in on mtv 2
I never listen to the radio because I don't like the music (there's like 5 radiostations in sweden and they play some eurovision song contest kind of music) but sometimes I'm forced to when in a car or something. To add to the thread I was pleased in hearing RHCP's Scar Tissue on the radio once but the ****ers cut it off in the middle of the last solo.

Never again.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jan 10, 2010,
"Hey Mama" by the Black Eyed Peas is a completely different song on the radio.

BTW Satellite Radio for the mother****ing win. Everything's in the way the artist's originally intended it to be, no commercials, and actually funny DJ's, if any.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Jan 10, 2010,
Bat out of hell by Meat Loaf always gets cut off at the motorcycle feedback noise right before my favourite line. Still it's better than cutting off a whole program, they replaced NIghts with Alice Cooper with an Australian idol competitor and a ditsy bimbo
Radio 1 loves cutting songs so the presenter can talk on and on about useless boring crap
Quote by Våd Hamster

the talk can be alright if you find a decent presenter, usually on community radio there's some better ones.
November Rain always gets cut off after the first solo (outside the church) on tv.
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
The UK xmas number 1.... There was no "**** you I won't do what you tell me"
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Paradise City always gets cut off just before the end solo and chorus... and that is the best bit of the song

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

It's a business thing why they cut down song length on the radio. The longer that certain song is playing the more royalties they have to pay that artist. That is why you always hear that mumbo jumbo about radio friendly songs on the album. The singles off an album are more suited for radio play than the others. From the length of the song all the way to how mainstream the song sounds.
Page 1 of 2