The guy took Arsis, a death metal band with great emotional riffs, and turned them into a total wank fest. Then he went to the black dahlia murder. They were a pretty decent band before he came in. But now, holy hell they are total shit. I dunno wtf they were thinking with that new album. I honestly believe I could've wrotten better riffs than that dounche.

Who do you guys think his next victim will be? Darkest Hour maybe? The new guitarist for them is definitely not gonna work out. I can see him turning them back into pre-undoing ruin status.
Last edited by teh_guitard00d at Jan 10, 2010,
i think he did an ok job, they were more technical and there were some songs that i did like a great deal. but i am in super agreement with your darkest hour comment. Kris Norris made that band one of my favorite bands, Undoing Ruin, Deliver Us and Hidden Hands are 3 great albums, i didn't care for their "thrash" stage, and the Eternal Return didn't stand up IMO.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Last edited by SPBY at Jan 10, 2010,
ehhh, I like Arsis' new album, as wanky as it is. I don't care for the new BDM, but I can see how people would. And a lot of people also prefer pre-udoing ruin Darkest hour. In fact, it almost seems like you're trolling...
well, if as you say, he is responsible, he did a pretty class job with Arsis... loved their first album like hell but the new stuff is utter shite!

i was never crazy about TBDM so i can't judge that one.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
People actually like Darkest Hour? Well fuck me sideways.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by SPBY
i think he did an ok job, they were more technical and there were some songs that i did like a great deal. but i am in super agreement with your darkest hour comment. Kris Norris made that band one of my favorite bands, Undoing Ruin, Deliver Us and Hidden Hands are 3 great albums, i didn't care for their "thrash" stage, and the Eternal Return didn't stand up IMO.

Ya Kris really made that band who they are today. They just are not the same without him. I though hidden hands were somewhat decent, but undoing ruins/deliver us are both just classics.

ehhh, I like Arsis' new album, as wanky as it is. I don't care for the new BDM, but I can see how people would. And a lot of people also prefer pre-udoing ruin Darkest hour. In fact, it almost seems like you're trolling...

Trolling?

You're telling me this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqkbN7noqXk

Is better than this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=978-uD8UaRE&feature=related

And thats being as unbiased as possible
Ryan Knight's work with The Knife Trade is pretty cool. And AFAIK Ryan didn't do any songwriting for Arsis, so whatever went wrong would be solely on the shoulders of James Malone. The Black Dahlia Murder were only okay at best to begin with.
Quote by teh_guitard00d

Trolling?

You're telling me this

Is better than this?

First song is definitely better. At least it doesn't sound as try-hard as the second one.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
All the bands listed are/were awful to begin with. Did this Ryan Knight guy not call you back or something?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by teh_guitard00d

Trolling?

You're telling me this

Is better than this?

Uh, no it's not, because we're talking about subjective judgement, you arse.

What you've gone and conveniently overlooked is that there's basically only one songwriter in both bands, and trying to shift the blame around for shit albums is a dead end. Knight's a hired gun.
Quote by webbtje

What you've gone and conveniently overlooked is that there's basically only one songwriter in both bands, and trying to shift the blame around for shit albums is a dead end. Knight's a hired gun.

Nail, head, midget, etc.
Quote by Stranglehold
All the bands listed are/were awful to begin with. Did this Ryan Knight guy not call you back or something?

To each their own, but The Arsis and TBDM made some tasty melodeath on their first couple albums.
When Ryan Knight comes into play, the modicum of solidarity that they did manage to secure happens to disappear.
A coincidence that this happened twice? It's likely, but I'll continue blaming Ryan Knight.

I do/did like both bands, with heavy slant towards TBDM. Solid riffs on top of more solid riffs makes a solid band. Never thought of them as ground breaking and they didn't have to be.
One thing that puzzles me is how 'core/scene kids love them when they clearly don't fit the metalcore label. Scene etiquette dictates that you can't like anything outside of Attack Attack and Bearforce1.
Ryan Knight has chops! I never heard Arsis before We Are The Nightmare, but that album was AMAZING. I do hear more technicality in Deflorate, but did you bother to listen to the solos on Eye of Thousands? or Christ Deformed? Talk about some tasteful licks! I don't know if you call yourself guitardood because you're a fan of guitars, but if you play one (like me) then I'd be hard-pressed to believe you can't find any good in his contributions.

So I'll forgive you for your transgressions, and I hereby assure you that you must've been sniffing glue the day you posted this. Knight is actually an alien sent to observe our human behavior, at least that's what his playing sounds like. When I practice his licks I'm just amazed by the choices he makes. I also get the same feeling with Marc Okubo, no homo. This guy is a great guitarist, though. It doesn't hurt he also has an ear for some real melodic death metal.
Woah man,you're telling me Deflorate isn't a solid-as-shit album?

You must be ****ing my face,that man writes genius riffs.The old BDM guitarist was a lazy ****er towards the end,according to Trevor,he wasn't even writing solos or riffs after they released Nocturnal.
My Gear:

ESP MH-201

Marshall 100watt JVM410C+Marshall Plexi 1959SLP Head

Line6 POD UX2+Farm

Shitty Yamaha acoustic from Costco bought 6 years ago.