Alright, so I'm working on a top secret project and I don't have a guitar shop nearby to go to right away to find this out myself. With a Bigsby trem, how much rotation is there in the axle at its furthest? And just to clarify (since I don't know much about Bigsbys in detail and have never played one) a Bigsby only goes one way (down), right?

Thanks.
if its set up well you can get a little upward pull on a bigsby. I dont know their range though :/
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
The handle end of the Bigsby on my archtop travels down 1" to 1 1/2" when pushed, a little over 1" up on the pull. It's end is 3" above the pickguard to start. I didn't know the were that far above everything in there neutral position.
Also, they should be screwed down to the guitar's top if you've got a hollowbody, use a roller type bridge for best performance as well as the locking tuners.
Quote by Guitbuilder
The handle end of the Bigsby on my archtop travels down 1" to 1 1/2" when pushed, a little over 1" up on the pull. It's end is 3" above the pickguard to start.

Thanks! May I ask how long the handle is? Directly from the axle to the end you measured, if possible.
bigsbys can be upward aswell.... or at elast..mine can.. bigsbys are mroe for like, going a half step in either direction... nothing major..more for subtleness than a reg trem.
Yeah, I've played a Bigsby before but don't have one around or close by to check out.

It's for a mod idea I have, and all I need now to start sketching is the amount of rotation on the axle either way. Thanks!