not with a metal zone. I had that pedal, and it simply cant get a classic marshall tone out of it IMO.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
Well... I think the best you can probably do is probably get something like a Marshall in a box type of overdrive pedal to hold you off whilst undergoing and entire rig revamping. New guitar, new amp.
Quote by Wiintruder
not with a metal zone. I had that pedal, and it simply cant get a classic marshall tone out of it IMO.

I remember getting real close to a classic rock tone with the MT-2 a few times but someone screwed up my settings when i was away from it
definately look into a valve driven distortion unit (check out rocktron). it will give you a more similar type of distortion and harmonic saturation. furthermore, there will be more "feel" to be had than a cheaper pedal/amp combo
Quote by krehzeekid
definately look into a valve driven distortion unit (check out rocktron). it will give you a more similar type of distortion and harmonic saturation. furthermore, there will be more "feel" to be had than a cheaper pedal/amp combo

sadly im broke right now i spent all my money on strings, new tuner, and a few led zeppelin cds.
Quote by Wiintruder

It's a good pedal, but i agree that it's more suitable for high-gain distortion than classic Marshall tones.

That said, try this on your MT-2 Metal Zone:
- neutralize the EQ (set the EQ knobs halfway);
- set the Level knob to 5 (halfway);
- set the Dist knob to 6,5 (a little past halfway).

Then, on the amp, set:
- treble to 4,5
- middle and bass to 7.

Hope it helps!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
if youre broke, dont worry too much about the nuance of your tone. get a tone that is close enough and let your playing do the work. Getting really good tone tends to (though there are RARE exceptions) cost a decent amount of cash
thank you for the help ive finally goten a tone that sounds close to it with my pedal