Soooooooooooooo, i just figured out to upload pictures to this without attaching files and all that nonsense, and just in time for the new gear day thread to close

So on with the Review and pictures.

Pictures first!

So there she is, a Vox Valvetronix VT50

Theres the top of the amp with all the knobs (sorry for the blurriest pic of all).

Just the corner of the control section

And here, probably my favorite part of this amp, the Wattage selector. ranging from 0W-50W

And Here is my family Pic, (top left to top right, then bottom left to bottom right)

Epiphone Explorer, APX500, Epiphone Les Paul Special II,
Vox VT50, Line 6 Spider III 75W

And to the Review:
Okay so this amp to me, is great. The cleans on this are just great. This amp is so incredibly clear sounding on the cleans.
The distorted settings im not too too crazy about, but i get by. I will soon be buying a new pedal to fix that.
This amp has 22 preset modes going from cleans to metal distorted, and it had 4 banks with 2 presets (8 total). On the back of the amp is a little knobs that controlls how many watts are being used which is great. I can have the master 3/4 of the way up and have a low but great sound coming out of it, which i love. I can play late at night and not bother anybody. Another good feature is that it has a headphone jack. One this i wish this had that the spider does have is a CD/MP3 input so i can listen to music through the amp while i play.
The final few things I have to say is that this amp really makes my explorer shine, especially on the neck pickup. And since my acoustic is an electro/acoustic, i have played it through this and it sounds wonderful (not partially distorted like on the spider...YUCK). Its a a acoustic tone. I dont yet know how the responds to drop tunings but im sure it holds up.
Finally, even though this is a modelling tube amp, it sure produces some kick and some great tube-like tones.

HNAD to me

and btw, if anything i said about some of the presets is wrong or anything regarding the amp, let me know, thanks. and soon i will be hanging the guitars up on the wall and this setup will be sweeeet

Final edit of the night: im going to bed now, i get to sleep in tomrrow, so if you have questions expect responses around noonish. night GG&A!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jan 10, 2010,
HNAD

I've gotta be honest, with his rare handwired Vox's, Lt. Shinysides pretty much raised the expectations of NAD(Vox content) too high. Unless you have something just as rare he's gonna be hard to beat.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
HNAD

I've gotta be honest, with his rare handwired Vox's, Lt. Shinysides pretty much raised the expectations of NAD(Vox content) too high. Unless you have something just as rare he's gonna be hard to beat.
Was there much point in putting this? If TS is happy then it's a good buy. Besides, we don't all have thousands to spend.

HNAD TS, I like Valvetronix.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
HNAD man! i love my VT50
Schecter Sunset Custom FR
ESP LTD Ex-50
Vox VT50
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Macbook Pro, Alesis GuitarLink, Logic Studio 9
HNAD!!! i love my VT50 too!got it last year for christmas!
“Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.”
Quote by TOMMYB22

Who said TS was trying to beat Lt. Shinysides?

Anyway, HNAD!
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
HNAD, I've never been a big fan of the VT series though.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by TOMMYB22
HNAD

lame post is lame. it's not a contest.

TS, use the spider for it's cd input and play along on the vox.

Congrats.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
lame post is lame. it's not a contest.

TS, use the spider for it's cd input and play along on the vox.

Congrats.

thanks! and yeah thats what ive been doing. . i guess my spider is still useful for somthing, and its nice to have two amps and two guitars for when a friend comes over and we wanna jam
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
thanks! and yeah thats what ive been doing. . i guess my spider is still useful for somthing, and its nice to have two amps and two guitars for when a friend comes over and we wanna jam

Thats a really good idea.

HNAD!

Quote by TOMMYB22
HNAD

dude, what? It's not a ****in contest.

HNAD man!
HNAD!

I have the AD15VT which I think is the older model of this. They are great amps. Defiantly a step up from that silly spider. And yeah I do agree about the cleans on the Valvetronix series. They are probably the best cleans out of all the modeling amps.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by tennisplayer
Let me know if you need the VOX 4 button footswitch. Mine is for sale and it's new.

how much? and do you live in the US
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by kylendm
HNAD!

I have the AD15VT which I think is the older model of this. They are great amps. Defiantly a step up from that silly spider. And yeah I do agree about the cleans on the Valvetronix series. They are probably the best cleans out of all the modeling amps.

yes i absolutly love them. i havent been playing much distorted at all, just messing around with the cleans
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I have the Vox AD30VT-XL which are the high gain models. Still has nice cleans and some great models. I've recently went from more trying to play metal to playing blues, and I still get along fine. I don't know if you up for drilling holes in and modding it right away, but you can add an effects loop to them with a couple of switching mono jacks, which lets add an inline EQ pedal which gives a lot more control over the tone. It also lets you plug an MP3 player into the return input if you wanted. I'm actually going to take mine out of its case and build a new head and separate cab for it.

Enjoy your new purchase!
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
HNAD
I was never big on the Valvetronix Series, but they're definitely workhorses as far as modeling amps go.
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by TOMMYB22
HNAD

Nonsense. It's not a about that.

Fwiw i cant stand ac15's and ac30's. Not my style whatsoever.

anyways HNAD !!! Congrats on the vt50 they are pretty good solidstate amps. Not a bad choice.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
Nonsense. It's not a about that.

Fwiw i cant stand ac15's and ac30's. Not my style whatsoever.

anyways HNAD !!! Congrats on the vt50 they are pretty good solidstate amps. Not a bad choice.

thanks, and i wasnt trying to one up him or anything...
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by DiizZ
Who said TS was trying to beat Lt. Shinysides?

Anyway, HNAD!

thanks and im not. his wasnt even a VT was it?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
HNAD!! Youve definitely made a step up from that Spider!!!

From a very satisfied VT30 owner...
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Last edited by barfrog at Jan 11, 2010,
Alright, alright, it's not a contest i know. I don't have to hear it 10 times. It's great TS has found an amp he loves, nothing beats the feeling of new gear.

Hows the Explorer? looks quite awesome.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
HNAD!
I tried one of these about a week ago and was pleasantly surprised by the cleans on the amp, and some of the FX.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by diceksox1809
thanks and im not. his wasnt even a VT was it?

no. its a limited AC30 handwired heritage series.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
no. its a limited AC30 handwired heritage series.

thats what i thought, how is it?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by TOMMYB22
Alright, alright, it's not a contest i know. I don't have to hear it 10 times. It's great TS has found an amp he loves, nothing beats the feeling of new gear.

Hows the Explorer? looks quite awesome.

thanks, and its really nice, i need a new guitar though that fits a little more bluesy range cause this amp just fits that so perfectly, where the explorer is pretty more metally.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
HNAD!

I love my VT50, too. I got it three months ago. Pedals work amazingly on it!
---CURRENT GEAR---
-Lefty FENDER Std. Stratocaster
-Lefty ROGUE Dreadnought Acoustic
-VOX Valvetronix VT50
-TC ELECTRONIC ND-1 Nova Delay
-VISUAL SOUND Jekyll&Hyde Overdrive/Distortion
-IBANEZ TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by Crashed_Wave
HNAD!

I love my VT50, too. I got it three months ago. Pedals work amazingly on it!

yeah i actually just ran my crybaby through it for the first time since ive gotten it and it sounds great
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
i got the VT30 right before the newer line came out, so it doesn't have the song modellers, it has actual amp modellers. which i like better, of course. (even though i play cleans through the manual channel and distortion through a pedal.)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by diceksox1809
thanks, and its really nice, i need a new guitar though that fits a little more bluesy range cause this amp just fits that so perfectly, where the explorer is pretty more metally.

Yeah, I guess something like a Strat would give you more versatility. I'd love to get an Explorer and throw some EMGs in it (I like James Hetfield).
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Quote by TOMMYB22
Yeah, I guess something like a Strat would give you more versatility. I'd love to get an Explorer and throw some EMGs in it (I like James Hetfield).

he plays an esp i believe, he dosent play gibsons i know that for sure, im just not sure which brand of explorer he plays
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
HNAD

Not an amp I'd ever buy but if you're happy with it that's all that matters. Have fun.
And yes, having a few amps around is always a good idea. I still have my old Yamaha G100 even (yes, I started on a SS amp too). Nice to be setup for jam sessions. I have a PA as well so jams are a simple matter of plugging in and playing. It's nice, although my neighbours might not agree. lol
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
HNAD

Not an amp I'd ever buy but if you're happy with it that's all that matters. Have fun.
And yes, having a few amps around is always a good idea. I still have my old Yamaha G100 even (yes, I started on a SS amp too). Nice to be setup for jam sessions. I have a PA as well so jams are a simple matter of plugging in and playing. It's nice, although my neighbours might not agree. lol

hah,well lucky for me im in a basement
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!