Is it possible to install active pickups into my guitar that has passive pickups for example my esp mh103? I really want my single coils to have more kick.
So you want to replace all of your passive pickups with active ones, correct? Yes, yes you can. People do it all the time, it just requires you to change out the original pots for new ones. Also you will need to replace the wiring, and in most cases the input jack aswell.

Basically, you'll need to replace all electronics, but it can be done... very easily.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

umm i dont know how to do any of that....so much will guitarcenter charge to do all that if i provide all the pickups?
Quote by schtick_bomb
Basically, you'll need to replace all electronics, but it can be done... very easily.
thats what you think....i put Emgs in my washburn idol and they always sound clean even with my gain on 10.....

so ya if you know what your doing you could probably do it.....

but i can't
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
Quote by zakky_s
thats what you think....i put Emgs in my washburn idol and they always sound clean even with my gain on 10.....

so ya if you know what your doing you could probably do it.....

but i can't

So you didnt change any electronics out at all? uuummm and it sounds good?

TS yes a guitar can do it, and unless you have experience with wiring you probably shouldnt try it. Its a pretty invasive operation.
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Quote by schtick_bomb
So you didnt change any electronics out at all? uuummm and it sounds good?

no i changed the pots and everything and its wired just like in the diagram...its the zakk wylde set do i have to play it through an mg or something? and i meant clean like not distorted kinda clean which was the opposite of what i though emgs are supposed to do
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
Quote by zakky_s
no i changed the pots and everything and its wired just like in the diagram...its the zakk wylde set do i have to play it through an mg or something? and i meant clean like not distorted kinda clean which was the opposite of what i though emgs are supposed to do

You also hooked a 9 volt battery into it correct?