Sorry for making so many posts, just making sure I get this done right so I don't learn any bad habits.

I've seen an instructor say keep your fretting hand wrist bent and down, but in one of the stickies the guy says to keep your arm as straight as possible from your elbow to your first knuckle.

Which is correct for the best efficiency?
Straight, although there are exceptions for certain times and stuff. It also keeps you from straining certain spots.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Related Question:

Just as the wrist should align straightly with the forearm and never curve inwards, should the fingertips ever curve in relation to the fretboard? By never allowing string contact with the flats of my fingers, my wrist must always bend to compensate, forcing my elbow forward (more extreme with acoustic fretboards).

Many highly-skilled players seem to always transition from the tips to the flat ends of the fingers during their climbs to the lowest strings (5th and 6th). In a chromatic scale for instance, should I work on transitionally pointing-to-flattening my finger tip attack as my pitch drops? Does practicing this pose any advantage? My flatter attack is currently weak/inaccurate.

Many thanks! UG is the best.
Quote by skizzy_
Related Question:

Just as the wrist should align straightly with the forearm and never curve inwards, should the fingertips ever curve in relation to the fretboard? By never allowing string contact with the flats of my fingers, my wrist must always bend to compensate, forcing my elbow forward (more extreme with acoustic fretboards).

Many highly-skilled players seem to always transition from the tips to the flat ends of the fingers during their climbs to the lowest strings (5th and 6th). In a chromatic scale for instance, should I work on transitionally pointing-to-flattening my finger tip attack as my pitch drops? Does practicing this pose any advantage? My flatter attack is currently weak/inaccurate.

Many thanks! UG is the best.

Well first it's a bit creepy to have a in your post but anyways:

You should try to use the your fingertips more than your flats. Every guitarist has a different way of playing, but in general you should use your tips as much as possible. And it's ok if you have to bend your wrist a little bit, just not too much. Just a couple degrees to give you more leverage.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
My flatter attack is currently weak/inaccurate.

Pretty much why we try to avoid using the flats of our fingers.

There's an important thing to remember though regarding electric guitar, and that's that you need to keep your index finger fairly flat and use the pad of that the most of the time. This is a muting issue and until you get into fairly tricky legato techniques it holds true.

With that in mind, what you want to practice is basically keeping towards your tips as much as possible with the first finger fairly flat and muting unwanted noise.