Well today I went to my local music shop and was looking at guitars as the store was closing and decided to check out the amps. anyways, i saw a Peavey Vypyr 75w and a Vox VT30. Now, I've heard good thing for both of the amps and I can't decide.

Now, I know you're probably thing "Just try them out" well I would, but the thing is I'm not very good. Like, I'm not sure what a good amp is and what ones aren't. Sure, I can figure out what sounds nicer but I want the better one in the long run. So I was hoping this is were you guys come in.

Some bands I would like Hendrix Experience, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeplin and Nirvana. That should give you an idea of what I'm looking for. If not, I'll name some more.

When I got to check the amps out I noticed the thing I liked about the VT30

It looks easy to use, nothing complicated
Had reverb (I love it so I was happy to see it)
Cheaper

and the Peaver Vypypr
Bigger
Looked as if it had more affects

(I had more time to look at the VT30 so thats why I can list more things about it)
But, I noticed the Vypyr was really complicated looking, you know? Like it might be hard to use or get the sound I want.

So, what do you guys think? This is just a basic pratice amp, by the way. I won't gigging for awhile and when I do I'll for sure get a bigger amp when I do.
Also, my current amp is an old Roland Cube 30x and actually, is it an upgrade?
I mean, I would assume both the amps are better then the cube, right?
I know you said that you don't know how to decide what amp, but when choosing guitar gear it's all about your preference, not ours.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
To be perfectly honest, I don't think either would be a big step up from a Cube 30x. I've tried the Cube and VT30 but not the Peavey (don't have Peavey dealers around here). I recommend you look at some different amps.

However, if you MUST choose between the 2, then for your musical tastes I would go with the VT30. I could get real nice gritty, medium-gain distortion out of it, and good cleans too. The 'metal' distortion models weren't so great though.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
My VT30 has never failed me, it always sounds good and it still goes pretty damn loud. The vox is very easy to set up and getting to grips with the controls took me a matter of minutes. I know what you mean about the peavey looking complicated, i thought it was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. I have not tried the peavey though so i couldnt compare it to the vox.
Quote by MightyAl
Could be worse. Though from time to time, I would like to shoot them with rocket-propelled chainsaws.
It won't be much of an upgrade from your cube, I'd just save your money.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!