Page 1 of 51
Right, to stop you lot wittering on in the voting thread, I have devised this thread so you can discuss your votes/suggestions without clogging the main thread up and making my task more difficult.

That is all.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Tenner says something truly awful gets the top vote again. Great idea for a thread though!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I am going to voice my opinion and say that This Godless Endeavor was the best metal album of the 00s.
Quote by Stranglehold
Tenner says something truly awful gets the top vote again. Great idea for a thread though!

Addicted was well good. Arse. Hahaha.

But you're probably right.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Heh heh.... also, there was one guy who STILL didnt get the thread and voted for albums from different years. Well done, idiot.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Why dont you check your collection? although it is hard to remember what years some albums came out...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Why dont you check your collection? although it is hard to remember what years some albums came out...

I am, but I'm struggling to find anything amazing besides them.
^Use the link I posted in the first thread. Pretty much every notable release from that year is there.
LAMMERGEIER
Someone recommend me some albums from that year. Yes, I know that it sounds stupid, but I'd be a bit ashamed to post my current list since it only consists of two albums.

I'd prefer doom, stoner, progressive/plain strange music, thrash, death, and black metal. In this order.

EDIT: Screw that, forgot to click the link.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Jan 10, 2010,
That's one of the albums I wanted to give a listen, so I'm interested as well.

Also, The Big Black by Orange Goblin, is that still metal or would it count as rock?

...would you love me?
I read the title as 00's not 00 now i look like a retard, ill re-work on a list,
Right, if any of you lads see your posts in there deleted, its because im just cleaning up, or the votes in question are invalid.
LAMMERGEIER
Hmm... I didn't vote for 2009's best albums so maybe I should vote now, because some actually brilliant albums could win

also thanks for that link, couldn't do it without that hahha
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by webbtje
I'll put a fiver on bloody Colors winning.

Ditto.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Well, TGM didn't win album of the year, I think the same will happen with Colors, it'll place high, but be beaten by Dev in the end.
There were surprisingly many memorable albums 2000. Though my list consist of those I've listened to the most.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Jan 10, 2010,
I don't think i'll be able to accept BTBAM winning the whole thing. No way are they the best band of the last decade. I'll have to strongly resist the urge to fix the results if they do, I tells ye that much.
LAMMERGEIER
I doubt Dev will win the decade overall, though I suppose he might win the year with Alien in it.
I can't wait to vote for St Anger
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Deplorable
So... Can someone answer my question, are we considering Flood by Boris a Metal release?

Edit: what about Terria?

True, that and Synchestra will be on my lists at least.

Quote by isabiggles

Hahaha, I bet The Unspoken King wins 2008
Quote by isabiggles

you'll upset the elite.
I thought it was pretty hard choosing. There were only really 9 in my list as ive only heard the enslaved album once or twice.

It was tempting to put Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven in, but it would probably not be counted for not being a metal album.
Looks like Dopethrone is a strong contender for this year.

...would you love me?
As far as the 00's go, I would like to put in a good word for:

Yyrkon - Occult Medicine

and

Watain - Sworn to the Dark
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I don't think i'll be able to accept BTBAM winning the whole thing. No way are they the best band of the last decade. I'll have to strongly resist the urge to fix the results if they do, I tells ye that much.

You should seriously fix the results so that the don't get a placing at all.

And you mentioned something about deleting in the other thread so it doesn't get clogged up. Go ahead and delete mine if you want. I'll come back when I'm good and ready.

Also, are you going to have a deadline for each year?
Does the the re-release of The Moor count by Opeth? If not then Blackwater Park.
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Blackwater Park came in 2001.. so no..

Anyway, I don't quite think this is fair as such. I mean, people might vote for an album that came out in a shitty year more than another that came out in a year when many releases were good. I'm just saying that there's a possibility for St.Anger to get more votes than say, Ghost Reveries just coz there weren't any better albums in 2003 than in 2004.. (just an example to put my point across)
So, am I just confusing this to be a top albums of the decade list or is it one that enlists the best for each year?

Anyway, for the 00's, man I need to use that link.. I really can't find many..
Wann kann ich dich von diesem Ort wegbringen?
Wann ist der Tod unser einziger Zuschauer?
Wann können wir schreien anstatt zu flüstern?
Wann ist der neue Anfang das Ende dieses traurigen Madrigals?
Quote by Deplorable
Any good BM released in 2000 apart from Negură Bunget and Primordial?

MayhemMayhemMayhem

Also Dorotha, Aphoom Zhah and Shining's debut.

Getting my iTunes smart playlist together though, most of my overall top albums would be non-metal.

Quote by RAH7747
Blackwater Park came in 2001.. so no..

Anyway, I don't quite think this is fair as such. I mean, people might vote for an album that came out in a shitty year more than another that came out in a year when many releases were good. I'm just saying that there's a possibility for St.Anger to get more votes than say, Ghost Reveries just coz there weren't any better albums in 2003 than in 2004.. (just an example to put my point across)
So, am I just confusing this to be a top albums of the decade list or is it one that enlists the best for each year?

Anyway, for the 00's, man I need to use that link.. I really can't find many..

The top 10 from each year are put into a final shortlist of the decade, and voted on from there. Even if it did make the top 10 of 2003 (doubtful), I doubt it would get voted into the final however many of the decade.

I also imagine most, if not all of Opeth's albums from this decade will be voted in. Cept for Damnation, obviously.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at Jan 10, 2010,
Remember, it's always gonna be harder to put together lists for years where you weren't actually listening to metal. Guessing 2005/06/07 is where it's gonna start getting competitive for a lot of people.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Can you guys recommend some albums from this year that I should take a listen to when I make my final decisions.
I drink your milkshake.
^Elvenefris.

Quote by Minkaro
I feel like a lone warrior here, fighting for everything that isn't black/death metal

Hahaha, rich coming from a Scummer.
LAMMERGEIER