does anyone know what would be a good pickup(s) for a sort of garage rock/indie/pop/punk sound, bit like bands like green day, arctic monkeys, libertines, strokes etc. I've heard stuff about the seymour Duncan invaders, people like tom delonge use them, but to me they seem a bit excessive, especially seeing as guys like synyster gates from avenged sevenfold use them. and I don't like blink-182 or their tone. any help is really helpful thanks :s
(L) R.I.P FoREVer (L)
tbh I'm not sure!! I'm gonna get a cheap second-hand guitar and slam them in it. I guess it'll be a HB guitar but if it's single coil I'll prolly jus modify it so it will take humbuckerz unless someone can convince me otherwise. soz. it won't be mahogany I guess cos it'll be cheap!
(L) R.I.P FoREVer (L)
paf pro maybe
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Syn-Vengeance
what even on a lp special?

well, if you're going to get such a cheap guitar i wouldnt spend lots of money on changing the pickups. a Epiphone les paul standard should do just fine.
Quote by Jackamedmos
well, if you're going to get such a cheap guitar i wouldnt spend lots of money on changing the pickups. a Epiphone les paul standard should do just fine.

Or maybe spend a bit more to get a Vintage V100? They are great guitars, the Wilkinson pickups are alright, so you may not need to change them. Look into Irongear pickups, they have sound samples of all their pickups on the website. Dimarzio and seymour Duncan also have sound samples, It all depends on what sounds best to you
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

New guitar and new pickup won't do anything for you much. I'd recommend just saving for a new amp that MG won't be making much help if you changed from a shitty guitar's pickups to some brand name pickups.
ok, I think I made the wrong impression here, I was looking for a harsh sounding pickup or guitar or whatever that would suit the aforementioned genres. most peeps have given good and really helpful answers, thanks for that guys. I'm done. I have some ideas now, cheers..
(L) R.I.P FoREVer (L)