I have FINALLY paid off my Conklin 7 string Groove Tools bass. I love this thing to death(will do a NBD thread when i get my camera later). My only problem however is that i cannot find a hardshell case that it will fit in. I even tried the Coffin Cases but it would not fit. Does anybody know of a case that this bass will fit in?
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
They are a nightmare to get cases for. I was going to import a 4 string version from America, but the only case available at the time (about 3 years ago) was a semi hard case, which had terrible reviews so I didn't want to risk shipping it. Unless something new has been made in the mean time you may have to start looking to get one custom built.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I kinda feel your pain, I never found a case for my Jaguar, but I haven't really been looking that much anyway.

As for the Conklin bass, I can't imagine any kind of case that thing would fit in. You might just have to be really really really careful with it when moving it and stuff.
why not try asking conklin. They make the basses I'm sure they can supply a case for them
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Yea, getting hardcases for non-popular shape basses is a bitch. My Yamaha barely fit in a hardcase - a close fit with straplocks.
I know a guy who has a 60's eb-3 that he cant get a case for because the tuners are pointed backwards like a classical guitar. Gibson only did this for one year so it makes the bass more valueable and easier to date but nearly impossible to get case for it.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by skater dan0
why not try asking conklin. They make the basses I'm sure they can supply a case for them

This. I contacted ESP to get a case for my EX-104 so I'd contact the makers of the bass.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
my p-bass is to big for a p-bass case i got for it so when i put it away i always knock the bottom string out of tune it blows but i would say ask the manufacturer or get a custom job. by the way nice job finding a seven string john paul jones i didnt even know they existed.what a weird number
how would one go about making a case?
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Most traditional hardshell cases are made of plywood covered with tolex. The interiors are some form of styrofoam material covered with soft cloth.

You might want to look into a custom-made case, as making one yourself might be a bit of a challenge. The case box itself wouldn't be too difficult, but the interior would take some skill.

Anvil cases makes custom flight cases for just about anything you can think of:

http://www.anvilcase.com/applications/music.html

Calzone Cases does the same:

http://www.czezproducts.com/

These are probably more than what you are looking for, but if you really want to protect an odd-shaped instrument, I'd seriously consider them.