I hope this is in the right place
I'd like to buy either the Ibanez GRG170DX or the Ibanez GRGR121EX.
Which is a better buy? I dont care much about tremelo because I never use it.
And what would you recommend for about £170 ($240 dollars or something)
i would get a hagstrom try one out or look them up on youtube they are bad and the neck is really great and fast.
I have the 170DX and it's a very good guitar for its price, I highly recommend it. Only one thing: the neck is very comfortable for solos, but not so much for rhythm. Maybe it's just me though.
Quote by Poglia
I have the 170DX and it's a very good guitar for its price, I highly recommend it. Only one thing: the neck is very comfortable for solos, but not so much for rhythm. Maybe it's just me though.

Thanks I think I'll get the red one

I play lead mostly anyway as thats my thing (my friend plays rhythm )
I got the 170DX and its great starter guitar, if you arnt a beginner then i would suggest saving your money to buy a better guitar.... because you will end up buying it then wanting another guitar in a few months time
GEAR :

Ibanez SA260FM
Burswood Strat Copy
Marshall GV-2 Distortion
Crate FlexWave 120 Amp

Vintage VS6 (SG) would probably suit you better than a budget/beginner Ibanez. Plenty around for about £170 and the White looks a cracker. Pretty decent woods and hardware. You can upgrade the pups easily later if you feel the need.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

For a cheap guitar for around the same price as the 170DX i would actually look into Kramer guitars, they are cheap but pack plenty of punch and some of them even have floyd roses on
GEAR :

Ibanez SA260FM
Burswood Strat Copy
Marshall GV-2 Distortion
Crate FlexWave 120 Amp