Poll: guitarplaya322 v RubberSoul54321
Poll Options
View poll results: guitarplaya322 v RubberSoul54321
guitarplaya322
7 70%
RubberSoul54321
3 30%
Voters: 10.
Listen to both tracks and vote for your favourite. Please make constructive comments explaining your vote so we can all learn what to improve on...

guitarplaya322: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/guitarplaya322/music/play758884

RubberSoul54321: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/RubberSoul54321/music/play763789

Voting is open for 7 days.

Best of luck with the duel!
Guitar player , your guitar sound and playing is amazing and outstanding ... just a critic about the backing track : drums on the right and guitar on the left ... no, I would have done the opposite, seriously , don't you know we hear better the melodies coming from the right channel ?

Rubbersoul , I like your name because it is the name of a beatles album ... did you play the two guitars yourself ? you should separate them when mixing (as told above , accompagniement on the left and solo on the right, try it should sound better)
Both playing are good, another difficult choice to make, the best will win !!!
I played both parts and I agree I should have panned left and right - I'm still relatively new to recording and I don't do much of it. Would you pan 100% either way or what sort of levels would you go for? And would you always pan the lead line to the right?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
100% is too far. I personally go for around 60-70% but it depends on the track. It's worth spending a good amount of time (can be hours) just messing about with the panning levels to get a good balance. I tend to keep the backing dead-centre though, or occasionally 10% either side at most if I feel it needs to be. Double-tracking is another cool trick as you can create a lead that pans in from both sides (August of Wind in my profile uses this), but it can take a day or two to get the mix decently balanced. I found audacity is the easiest to use when messing about with the panning whilst the track is playing. Having said that, panning is not always the answer. An awful lot of blues works well in mono.

Good tracks both of you, should be a close one.
Again, amazing stuff guys. Im sure it'll be a close one. I loed the tones both of you got outta your amps!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Quote by salmon philippe
Guitar player , your guitar sound and playing is amazing and outstanding

Serious?

To me it sounds like it needs a bit more direction, because it mostly sounds like noodling. At times the note choices are a bit sour too.
i voted for Rubbersoul, mainly because the track sounded a little mor tight and there were not as many mistakes. (we all make mistakes)

both the tracks were good though.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by carmour
Serious?

To me it sounds like it needs a bit more direction, because it mostly sounds like noodling. At times the note choices are a bit sour too.

I did not mean that it was perfect , but sometimes I am too kind ...
hard to chose anyway , it seems to me that both players have the same level ...
the mix I use for two guitars is about 15 % on the right and 20 % to the left but like said Martin , it depends ...
I finaly voted for Rubbersoul , must make a choice ...
Good track guitarplaya - really like your tone and the overall feel of the groove.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
This is a hard duel. You're both good but not perfect.
I think on RubberSouls track the guitars didn't work together that well, they were sometimes a bit offset (if it's the right word...)
Guitarplaya, for me you often stick on good ideas and repeat them. Maybe a bit too often.

Finally I'll vote for Guitarplaya... The track has catched me more.
Quote by RubberSoul54321
Good track guitarplaya - really like your tone and the overall feel of the groove.

Thanks, yours was good too, man.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"