Poll: Iceman 430 v strawforest007
Poll Options
View poll results: Iceman 430 v strawforest007
Iceman 420
1 7%
strawforest007
14 93%
Voters: 15.
Listen to both tracks and vote for your favourite. Please make constructive comments explaining your vote so we can all learn what to improve on...

Iceman 420: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Iceman+420/music/play760941

strawforest007: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/strawforest007/music/play764955

Voting is open for 7 days.

Best of luck with the duel!
Both tracks are very fine , the wah wah of Iceman is cool and has a nice groove , but I also loved the slide guitar of strawforest007... hard to make a choice !!
Iceman, that songs all about the groove... and you completely missed the groove o_O and the riff. I guess you just got a wah wah pedal, or atleast that's what it sounds like 8-/

Hopefully wasn't too harsh, but then again, being honest is probably the best way to help you improve.. don't take it the wrong way

Straw got this one
Quote by carmour
Iceman, that songs all about the groove... and you completely missed the groove o_O and the riff. I guess you just got a wah wah pedal, or atleast that's what it sounds like 8-/

Hopefully wasn't too harsh, but then again, being honest is probably the best way to help you improve.. don't take it the wrong way

Straw got this one

this.

iceman, don't take any of this too harsh, just learn from it. I got all negative comments last time, but that didn't discourage me. I didn't like your tone in it at all, seemed to be too harsh.

Strawforest, looks like you and me are the only silde for this round unless i have missed out on more rounds, im going to check, but I loved your slide. if my some freak accident I end up dueling against you in a track somewhere if I get that far and we both do slide it could become very interesting!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
It's alright, it's all honest critique after all. And yes carmour, my wah is pretty new, so I kinda was looking for something to record it with. That also explains the harshness of my tone as well. Esquire + fully cocked wah does not equal the most pleasant of sounds, so I tried turning the treble down a bit, but it looks like that wasn't enough. Either way, thanks for the crits and I'll be working on all that of course.

Just wanted to say damn nice track, strawforest, and this just means that I'll have to work even harder next round if I want to stay.
iceman, i think you have some good ideas in your playing. the tone could use some work. also, some parts tend to sound choppy and out of time. nothing practice cant fix. how long you been playing?

strawforest, i like the tone and the general atmosphere of the song. what kind of guitar you using? really like the track. very "real" kinda sound. reminds me of a guy just sitting in a hotel room playin the blues. my only problem with it is that i didnt feel like it went anywhere. it felt like it was leading up to something but never does. it kinda does near the end, but then its the end. kinda adds to the whole "guy in his room playing" type of thing though. just letting whatever comes out come out.

i would have liked it more if there were vocals, but alas, there arent any in this comp.

strawforest gets my vote because i liked the overall tone and atmosphere, and i felt the playing was more technically proficiant. iceman, again your ideas were good but the tone and technique i felt needed work. good luck to both of you and keep playing.
Sorry ice, but I had to go with Straw. That slide is made of pure win and awesome. I want one !
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Blind: it's just me noodling, which is why it doesn't go anywhere. The guitar is just my strat - straight into the laptop (because my amp is playing up) which also explains why it's very muddy and bassy. I certainly don't think my playing deserves the landslide of votes - it's way too sloppy and there are several horribly bum notes. I'll be practicing a bit more slide for future duels methinks.

I've got a few ideas for the next round to make a more constructed song, possibly a cover.

I hope everyone got my PM about the next round!
I thought iceman's didn't flow as well as strawforest's track. straw got my vote.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC