I recently decided that I wanted to learn a bit of classical guitar playing as opposed to learning only chords (rhythm guitar) which I've only done since I started learning guitar. However, I'm having issues when I try to play a melody for example Eric Clapton's 'Tears in Heaven'. These issues stem from not knowing which fingers on my fretting hand should fret which notes/frets? As a result my playing is very slow and out of time, sounding very bad. Is this something I have to figure out by trial and error? I posted a similar thread on the Guitar Techniques forum, didn't look it up as yet though, but do you guys have any advice to my preciously stated issue and also anything I should be aware of when learning classical guitar, what problems did you all experience when learning this technique? Any advice will be greatly welcomed. Thank you in advance.
SG
Last edited by masterquest at Jan 10, 2010,
when i play something i try to pretend that the notes are part of a chord and play them that way (like an appreciated chord).

but if that doesn't work you can always look for a video of how he plays the part you're trying to play and get an idea from that...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
that's kind of an experience thing. the chord referencing is a good way to get that skill down.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143