So, i came up with an idea but i dont know if it works. i have a 100w head with a 4x12 cab.

I have another 1x12 cab (Valve Junior cab) rated at 60watts (me thinks),
and i have an extra G12t-75 speaker (75watts) that i will put in an unused 1x12 cab

so now i have two 1x12 cabs. will the 100w head work fine if i connect each of the cabs to the two external speakers inputs of the head?

thanks
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
ive got a 4 ohm out on my amp. so i run those to 2x 8ohms = 4ohm, 1x12 cabs.

they are more than the 30 watts to cover the head. and it works.

basically, you have to MORE than cover the watts, use the correct outs, and match the ohms.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
it will work, you'll want to make sure the ohms are correctly matched, though i'm sure you know that judging by your collection of gear.
although, i don't think it'd wise to crank that 100watt head with only like 135 watt speakers...i'm sure that old 100 watt pumps out significantly more power than 100 watts when you get er honkin
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by wyldeshredder
it will work, you'll want to make sure the ohms are correctly matched, though i'm sure you know that judging by your collection of gear.
although, i don't think it'd wise to crank that 100watt head with only like 135 watt speakers...i'm sure that old 100 watt pumps out significantly more power than 100 watts when you get er honkin

correct. The old JMPs (non master volume version) peaked at about 200
^ I think my 50W 800 head had a peak output of 94W (not RMS) when all the knobs were dimed. I can't really remember now.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
anyone know where can i find 1x12 cab chassis in europe?
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost