Hey i was wondering if any of you guys had seen this movie so i'm making a thread about it.

Talk about the pros and cons of this movie and while your at it rate it heres mine-

7/10 pretty good i just did'nt like the graphics because i saw it in 3D, and the graphics were fuzzy when it zoomed in.

Also the movie was kinda long.
1million/1million.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
3/10 - Scored it on plot and added 3 for CGI.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quote by Dirge Humani
I'm going to humor you, and say it was alright, but extremely predictable.

YESSS it was!!
Terrible. Looked pretty, but terrible plot, crap dialogue, tediously predictable.
Excelent graphics, but the story was more predictable than most disney movies. I still liked it very much, because it's a very nice thrill ride. Don't expect some cult film and you'll have a good time watching this
Last edited by basilbrush at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by Anti_wirus
yeah, i just noticed that. should i close this or?

If you want, if anyone has reported it it'll get closed by a mod anyway.
I haven't reported it though

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

it was a good movie, but for some odd reason, my balls went to sleep
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
Quote by el-ECTRO
1million/1million.

This, definitely.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
5/10

1 for the story, 9 for the visuals.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
2/10. Took every cliche from a bunch of genres and threw it into one messy pile with pretty CGI.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Anti_wirus
Hey i was wondering if any of you guys had seen this movie so i'm making a thread about it.

There are already about 5 other threads about it.

Talk about the pros and cons of this movie and while your at it rate it heres mine-
7/10 pretty good i just did'nt like the graphics because i saw it in 3D, and the graphics were fuzzy when it zoomed in.

3D Is the only reason to see this movie in the first place, and that fuzzy effect is called depth of field, it replicates what your eyes do when they focus on something, and if you've played any video game that's come out in the last 3 years you've probably already seen it there too.

Also the movie was kinda long.

The length wasn't the problem, it's the lack of plot drawn over that length. Every single Lord of the Rings movie was at least 3 hours long, but nobody complains about the length because it's a good movie.
6.5/10. Visuals were great, story was cliched and predictable, parts stolen from Fern Gully and Last Samurai, but that didn't really bother me. What pissed me off was how retarded the dominant reading of it was. Jake being glorified in killing his own kind? Come on. Utter bullshit.

Taking an alternative or oppositional reading is much more satisfying imo. I am curious as to whether Cameron allowed for these readings on purpose through relatively poor audience positioning in making Jake the protagonist. If so, the film works on a number of levels and deserves a 9/10 or so, despite predictable/cliched plot.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

3/10
the CGI was the only thing I liked about that movie
my gear:

jackson js30ke

peavey 6505+ 112
line6 spider 3 30

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by LumberjackShred
plot was awful, basically the same as pocahontas but with aliens

cgi made up for it and it was awesome.

pocahontas was a good movie...
Quote by el-ECTRO
1million/1million.

Still equals 1.

1million/0 wou-
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
10/Searchbar

no seriously 10/10 epic movie
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
I'd give it a 4/10 for content and a 9/10 for graphics and special effects, with an overall 7/10 for the whole package.

I mean yeah, the plot was ridiculously predictable and cliche (not to mention a lot like Dances With Wolves), but the graphics "made up for it."

To me, the intense visuals associated with the mediocre content "got me into the story," so to speak. It made it feel more realistic and natural; it was like being in the action as opposed to just watching the action.

So yeah, story was balls, CGI was awesome, overall movie was decently pretty good.

It was the first movie I've seen in awhile that I didn't hate myself for paying to see.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
what's everybody got against pocahontas and dances with wolves (especially with dances with wolves!)?

Nothing. People just don't like it when other people rip off stuff
Quote by webbtje
Terrible. Looked pretty, but terrible plot, crap dialogue, tediously predictable.

This. Dear, GOD, this.