Im sure you have seen loads of threads like these but please help me out. I recently got a new guitar and ever since whenever i plug in my guitar and dont touch any of the metal parts it makes a irritating noise. Is it because I have higher output on my pickups? or is it a grounding/shielding problem? i suspect shielding because i did not have this problem with my old guitar. Please help me out
well i see your problem(Glares at amp).lol.. it's probally because you don't have your spiders noisegate on??? i think yeh gotta hold down the tuner button while turning the reverb knob all the way to 10. then it should kick in, if it's already kicked in.. make sur eeveryting is connected right
Quote by MetalGuitarest
well i see your problem(Glares at amp).lol.. it's probally because you don't have your spiders noisegate on??? i think yeh gotta hold down the tuner button while turning the reverb knob all the way to 10. then it should kick in, if it's already kicked in.. make sur eeveryting is connected right

the noise gate in my spider ( ) is all the way up, if i turn it down its even louder.
Check the wires on your guitar, shield the control cavity, turn down the distortion.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah