strings breaking at the bridge....they seem to do it after a month or so, and its different strings, not just the same 1 all of the time.

my bridge setup is quit low anyway but a mate of mine told me to slightly sand the raised bits on the bridge just incase it was sharp and cutting the strings, i did that over 6 months ago and the strings are still snapping.

i have an ESP viper 400 by the way.

ive been looking round and ive come across a wraparound bridge, are these any good or does anyone else have any sugestions on what i could do instead.

i live miles and miles away from a guitar shop by the way so getting to a technician will be a problem.

thanks for any help
they have lubricants to you can buy to but on the bridge and nut. makes it so the string isn't rubbing just the surface of the material and wearing it when you tune and strum the string.
whats this stuff called....if it prolongs the life of my strings then i might giv it a shot...
new saddles or a new bridge. your choice. A new bridge is cheaper and easier, new saddles are also worth the upgrade.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ye, i was thinking of a new bridge to begin with...would a wraparound be any good?
Maybe your just strumming too hard?

I did that a few times.
Fire it up, let the engines roll!
It's time to burn it down!
Keep bleeding on till the day you die!
Forever love it loud, yeah!
i dont think i strum that hard to be honset...i dont know but im just tired of buyin new stings every month when i dont use my guitar all that much.
Yeah probably bridge spurs. If you have the right sized file you can do it, i doubt it though. So upgrading to a new bridge would def be worth it.
Quote by rock rocks
whats this stuff called....if it prolongs the life of my strings then i might giv it a shot...

you could try some graphite or something. there are a lot made for guitar, but it's really just graphite. you could use pencil lead (graphite).
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Yeah probably bridge spurs. If you have the right sized file you can do it, i doubt it though. So upgrading to a new bridge would def be worth it.

so what type of bridge would u guys say would be a good choice?
The other guitarist in my old band changed his bridge on his LTD Viper 400 because it cut strings like that. My EX-400 does the same thing, just much less often than every month.
/rig
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ Seconded.

Grover and Schaller make good replacements.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^ That's for the nut, oddly enough.

It won't help if he has burrs in the bridge saddles.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
that's true. but still nut sauce.
The directions actually say i'm supposed to put it on all the contact points of strings and guitar. But ya not with burrs.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
that's true. but still nut sauce.
The directions actually say i'm supposed to put it on all the contact points of strings and guitar. But ya not with burrs.

A bit of vaseline mixed with graphite dust does the same for for about 1/10th of the price. Either way, it's useful but not nearly as effective as simply making sure you use good quality bridge saddles and a well-cut nut.
^ I rubbed some vaseline and pencil dust in the bone nut before I glued it in. Worked great for keeping the B and e strings in tune after a lot of bends.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ I rubbed some vaseline and pencil dust in the bone nut before I glued it in. Worked great for keeping the B and e strings in tune after a lot of bends.

I did not pay for the nut sauce. It came with the stetsbar I purchased so ya I wouldn't pay for it either except for the little tube that says nut sauce on it. Totally worth.

Also I will not rub pencil dust on my nuts. Pervert.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer