I have been playing guitar for a little over 2 years now, and until recently I have had no problem whatsoever with my chord progressions. Lately, however, whenever I do a chord progression that keeps some fingers in the same spot for multiple chords (such as G-Cadd9, Am-C, etc.) My left hand ends up cramping halfway through any song. For example, Yours To Hold by Skillet, I have to stop halfway through the song because my hand cramps, when before I was able to play it no problem. can anyone help?
I don't really know why it happens but it sounds like the kind of a thing that can become very bad if you keep forcing yourself. Your doctor might also recommend some kind of lotion or something for it.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
try changing the angle of the guitar to your body, sometimes when im playing sitting down the guitar will slide down my leg a little, and the fretboard will start facing forward and up, instead of just forward as it should. this adds extra stress to your wrist and fingers because your body is in the same position as it was when the guitar was aligned correctly, but your wrist and fingers have to stretch farther to make up for it.

Try tucking the bottom of the guitar into your hip and sit up straight when you play, having proper posture helps eliminate extra unneeded stress like what youre saying is happening.
- 1997 PRS CE24 - Raspberry -
- Peavey 6505+ 1x12 Combo -
- Dunlop 535Q Wah Pedal -
- Digitech Digital Delay -
- Digitech Multi Chorus -
could it be that I started playing a new acoustic (a Takamine instead of an Indiana), or maybe that I am using Elixer strings instead of what I normally use? cause I have a talent show coming up and I really need to get it worked out.
let me know if it helps bro
- 1997 PRS CE24 - Raspberry -
- Peavey 6505+ 1x12 Combo -
- Dunlop 535Q Wah Pedal -
- Digitech Digital Delay -
- Digitech Multi Chorus -